Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vks64 Posts: 59, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2011, 07:39 PM
    excel spreadsheet
    I have large numerical data stored in excel sheet. I wanted to write simple formulas to compare the numerical values in the columns A to Z.
    For Example to compare the values in columns A,B,C,D of the sheet(values of A,B,C,D arranged chronologically). I wanted formulas in the newly inserted columns E,F G H like this:
    col ‘E’ as If A<B<C<D = Result as True and for otherwise, result as false
    col ‘F’ as If A not less than B but<C<D =Result as True and for otherwise, result as false
    col ‘G’ as If A not less than B not less than C but <D = Result as True and for otherwise, result as false
    col ‘H’ as If A not less than B not less than C not less than D=Result as True and for otherwise, result as false
    In continuation of the above please reply,
    1) whether it is possible to color the cells based on the formula results for true and false?
    2) whether it is possible to sort out the cells based on the cell colors?
    Thank you
    vks64
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

May 19, 2011, 03:35 PM
    Try these formulas...

E2: =AND($A2<$B2, $B2<$C2, $C2<$D2)
    F2: =AND($A2>=$B2, $B2<$C2, $C2<$D2)
    G2: =AND($A2>=$B2, $B2>=$C2, $C2<$D2)
    H2: =AND($A2>=$B2, $B2>=$C2, $C2>=$D2)
    vks64 Posts: 59, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2011, 09:46 AM
    Comment on JBeaucaire's post
    Thank You

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Excel spreadsheet [ 7 Answers ]

Sir I have a set of data in excel sheet A as below: Sheet A Name of the students Marks in english Marks in maths A 45 74 B 38 58 C 52 65 D 45 65 E 88 72 F 36 45

Excel Links to another spreadsheet [ 1 Answers ]

I read a reply from JBeaucaire regarding a same issue. Please forgive me - I'm not familiar with formuals. I tried JBeaucaire's answer step by step and it didn't work. Source spreadsheet name: 2010-2011 Dealer Training Records.xlsx Destination spreadsheet name: March 3-5 Roster, 1.20.11.xlsx...

Excel Spreadsheet [ 1 Answers ]

I need a macro or something for a website that has a excel spreadsheet. My client has a excel spreadsheet out on a website. They have invoice # on the excel spreadsheet and want to be able to scan the invoice and have it linked to the invoice on the website so clients can see the scanned document....

Excel Spreadsheet [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know how I can get an Excel spreadsheet to open at start-up? Thanks!

View more questions Search