Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lyrali Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2011, 09:01 AM
    Just bothered.
    Hey people.

A few days ago I broke up with my boyfriend. We've been together for three months, but it felt longer. We were into each other. He's a wonderful person, but the downside was that he has jealousy issues. I could deal with that, but it got to a point where it was just plain ridiculous. Every time I talked to him I felt like I was stepping on landmines. I didn't know what innocent comment I make would trigger another episode. Finally, I told him I needed a break. It took a while to convince him to relent. I needed the break to sort out my feelings and to figure out if I really like him that much, because it was wearing me down.

We still talk to each other during the break though. I don't know if that was a good idea, but he would always talk to me like nothing was happening. It felt like old times again (him without the jealousy issues), and I was just starting to think that maybe he's changed when it happened again. It was such a small issue too, and he blew it so out of proportion. I felt really tired afterward, so I told him straight out that it was over. He realized that he made a mistake, so he kept begging for me to take him back. But I didn't want to go back with him because I was so tired of it, and I told him that. He kept begging, until finally I had to tell him to stop it. He asked if we could still be friends, and I said we can, but nothing more than that. Then he finally stopped begging, and now he's acting as though nothing's happened.

My question is, I know he's not all right. He kept iming me whenever he sees me logging on messenger, and talking as though nothing's happened. I don't feel like talking to him, and I feel like this is so troublesome. I need a period to myself, but I don't know how to say it to him. I think he feels he still has a chance with me if he proves to me he's changed, even though I already told him that he has no chance whatsoever.

What should I do?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 14, 2011, 09:09 AM

Your mistake was telling him you would still be friends with him.

Now you're going to have to end the friendship.
    adviceishere Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 492
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2011, 09:15 AM

Tell him you want no contact, if he doesn't stick to it, block him from your messenger and any other ways he can contact you, like email and Facebook, then get his number blocked from your phone
    ken007nielsen Posts: 288, Reputation: 211

May 14, 2011, 10:16 AM
    Jealosy will suck the life out of every relationship, and his calm cool attitude is proberly since he know's that if he's calm and collected like the time you first started dating he could get you back.

And while jealosy might have been the only thing that you noticed, he has other issues - not dangerous in any way so don't be scared, but you both need to heal from this - so for his sake and yours, cut the ties and move onto healing.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 14, 2011, 02:35 PM

The others are right. The only way to get peace is to leave him alone, and DON'T give him any access to you. Not even as a friend.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2011, 01:44 PM
    Your problem is that you broke up with him halfway. If you break up with someone then you do that... BREAK UP! No contact, everyone goes their own way and grieves over the beautiful or not so beautiful relationship their own way. Leave, don't pick up anything from him and erase him from your IM and phone and Facebook. Show him that the break is final. His jealousy isn't going to change, it takes a lot of time to learn to control those, not a couple weeks.

Good Luck,
    Javi
    sjscott1992 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2011, 02:20 PM

I strongly believe that two people that were in a relationship should still be friends, given the situation. Maybe you could tell him that you really do care for him, but you need time to collect yourself and you need to take a break to give yourself a chance to really realize things and think it through without the pressures of other people. If he really cares, he'll understand. And if he doesn't understand, then maybe he isn't really worth it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this a good reason to be. Bothered? [ 5 Answers ]

Ok well, I am never the kind of girlfriend that would be annoyed by my boyfriend hanging out with another girl. BUT my boyfriend has broken my trust before a couple times when I have gone out of the city he has developed a liking towards whichever girl he ends up talking to while I'm gone. One time...

Bothered by the unspeakable [ 7 Answers ]

OK, I write this knowing I'm going to get hate comments and wondering why comments and if you're one of those people please don't comment. I'm a guy, 16 years old, going to get my license in about a week or so and I'm bi. I've only told one person, but I want to tell more. I want to say I'm...

Why can't I be bothered? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 20, been in all girls schools all my life, never known lads until I got a part time job. I found I was the flirty type with a lot, apart from one who I liked, but I thought I was out his league (he is mega fit, well to me) I discovered he liked me and we got chatting, it took a lot of...

HE isn't bothered [ 4 Answers ]

:mad: hi my boyfriend of 2 years is being really Funny wit me since I got a place in college which I had to delay due to the birth of our 1 year old I no its not because of him looking after the kid because his mum is doing that plzzzzzzzzz can sum 1 gave me there ideas y he's like this

View more questions Search