Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alexandradrozdz Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

May 13, 2011, 02:42 PM
    Will my mum need help?
    I think my mum's mentality has gone completely out of hand. She hates my Dad and screams at me. I sometimes just literally feel like punching her in the face,but part of me tells me that I shouldn't be thinking things like that. But I can't help it, it's what comes naturally to me. My dad just tells me its anger management issues but I think it is much more than that and no matter how many times I persuade him to talk to someone about it, he won't do it and instead says that if she wanted help she would go see someone herself, but clearly she doesn't and carries on the way she does. I feel like my confidence and self esteem has lowered. I'm told that I should go along with she does and says, but I'm finding it to difficult to cope. All I could ask for is a happy peaceful family life until the day I leave home,one in which everyone respects each other and discusses problems calmly and rationally. I'm not saying that my Mum should not get angry, as it's a natural emotion, but I'd be so happy if she could express it in a healthier way so it doesn't have an impact on our and her own mental health.

Please help if you can. I would really appreciate it.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 13, 2011, 02:45 PM

I don't know if your Mom needs help. Presumably she knows and can make her own decision. I don't know that you can do anything to force her to seek help.

I also don't know that you can control your father.

I don't know that you can force peace and tranquility on anyone until you leave and then they can all go crazy again.

The only person you CAN control is yourself. If you are thinking about punching your mother in the face, you need to speak to someone about anger management. You can do nothing to solve their problems but you can take steps to find peace with the situation, within yourself.

You can't control other people; you can only control your actions and reactions.
    alexandradrozdz Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

May 13, 2011, 03:04 PM
    Comment on JudyKayTee's post
    Ok, but if you get what I'm saying, you feel as if you want to do something back to a person who makes you angry, but you know you shouldn't. That's what it's like with me. But yeah, I guess you're right and I actually feel pretty bad about saying what I said, about that punching her in the face business. Thank you for the tip. I'll really try to work on it.
    bazhulk Posts: 12, Reputation: -2

Jun 7, 2011, 06:09 AM
    Make an apointment with your doctor g.p.and ask your mum to come with you once yous are both in the docs office comfront her with your worries and I am sure she will love you in the long run for it, depending on your mothers age she may be going through the menapause or she may just need some antidepressants eitherway this is affecting your health so make that apointment for yourself and ask mum to join you.
    Im sure you will be fine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

About my mum [ 2 Answers ]

My mum talks to her self and shouts n says she's talken to the deid do you thik she is or dose she need help ? She makes me so angry I have anger problems thank you :mad::)

Had no mum [ 18 Answers ]

"Mum" is a word that most people take for granted using. I am interested to make contact with another human being in the Western world who lost a mum in childbirth, had a surrogate mum for a few months of life and then suffered at the hands of an abusive father. This may seem a strange question but...

Is my mum OK [ 2 Answers ]

Could you please tell me anything that my mother would like to tell us. We are all missing here dreadfully.

My mum [ 1 Answers ]

My mum was murderd on 15th march 2005 by a man who a very loud man who my mum Took under her roof who she meet in a chat room in leeds centre he seemed to be very Smarmy but other people had different veiws 1 week after mothers day we had a phone Call from my brother he said my mum was dead...

View more questions Search