Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vincent_h1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2011, 07:16 AM
    Can I downgrade a 200 amp service with a 200 amp main by adding a 100 amp breaker to
    Can I downgrade a 200 amp service to a 100 amp service by adding a 100 amp breaker to the panel
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2012, 10:47 PM
    Do you mean swapping the 200 amp for a 100 amp?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Running two 100 amp main panels from a 200 amp service [ 27 Answers ]

Greetings! I live in a rural country area. The electric company will be installing a pole, meter, and 200amp service with disconnect at pole. (It will require 50 foot run of service cable from pole to main load center in mobile). Currently the double wide has a General Electric 100amp Main...

Running 100 amp service panal 200 ft away from main 200 amp service [ 4 Answers ]

I am looking to find out how big the wire needs to be to carry the load. This will be a 100 amp service coming from a 200 amp main . It will need to travel 200 to 250 ft underground to a barn. If some one could help me that would be great thaxs)))

100 amp main, 100 amp service wire, 200 amp sub panel? [ 2 Answers ]

I am moving my sub panel and upgrading to a 200 amp service, but in phases. The first phase is to move the panel due to some remodeling. I want to put a 200 amp panel in the laundry room with a 200 amp breaker. I have 100 amp feeder wire going to it (AL 2/2/2). Outside I have the meter can and...

Adding a 200 amp breaker pannel to feed two 100 amp pannels [ 13 Answers ]

Hello all, This is my first post so I hope I do it right. This is what I got. The drop from the pole comes down to one 200 amp meter. The 200 amp meter feeds only one panel with a 100 amp input breaker and has many breakers that power the house (stove, water heater, dryer, outlets). Then it...

200 amp service with a 200 amp outdoor breaker [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know how to wire a 200 amp outdoor breaker enclosure.I have 4/0 scu cable for my service head to the meter,and 4/0 scu from meter to breaker enclosure.Then from the breaker enclosure I have 4/0 ser cable to my panel.What is the proper wiring method in the enclosure,please help.

View more questions Search