Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Apr 29, 2011, 06:38 AM
    Internet Explorer not showing as proper version?
    We pushed INternet Explorer 8 6 months ago to ALL of our workstations via zenWorks... however, as of late, we have been receiving emails from our vendors (Priority Health & Hartford) that they are updating their system to excluse IE 6 support and we have been identified as having this browser version.

Alert 1
    "You're receiving this alert because we noticed that you recently accessedd the Agent Center with a computer using Internet Explorer 6. For the best performance, we suggest that you begin using Internet Explorer 7 or higher...."

Alert 2
    "Dear ICON user,
    During 2011, The Hartford will be phasing out its support of Internet Explorer Version 6. You have been identified as a user of this browser version.

The Hartford has an ongoing commitment to delivering the highest quality online experience to its agents. To get a richer experience using our website, you should consider upgrading to Internet Version 8.0, the internet browser for which we design and test certain of our agency-facing systems including ICON."

Upon receiving these alerts these portals have been acting up and making quoting, reporting, etc... very difficult.

I am unsure why our systems aren't being recognized as IE 8 when we have IE 8...

Any thoughts?
    infoguy Posts: 108, Reputation: 8

May 17, 2011, 05:39 PM

WARNING: Be sure to activate System Restore and SET A RESTORE POINT before making any of the following suggested changes! That way, you can "go back" to what you have now, if anything goes wrong from using Regedit.

If you are not afraid of using Regedit (a Microsoft utility in most MS OS's), then open Regedit (Start, Run, regedit), and search for IE6, then "Internet Explorer 6" (without quotes), and perhaps also IE-6. Delete all such references if you don't really have IE6 installed. Reboot and see if there is any difference.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet explorer will not stay loaded and I can not download anything from internet [ 6 Answers ]

My computer did some updates a couple days ago and since then internet explorer will not stay up it closes down. I cannot download anything to find out what is wrong. Any suggestions? Please help. Thank you

Internet Protocol Version 6 [ 1 Answers ]

I recently read an article, written by Ken Deutsch, titled, "Is the Internet Doomed?" It spoke about the vast number of IP addresses being comsumed at an alarming rate. The article states that while the prospect is scary, there is a solution. But it also states that the different versions...

Internet OK.just can't get Firefox or internet explorer to work [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have.windows XP.I have d-link wireless for both laptops and netgear for this laptop,other laptop is fine.just can't load up a web page on this laptop.have mozilla Firefox.and internet explorer.I have looked at settings but I not sure what I am looking for, any help would be welcome

View more questions Search