Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bolens Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2011, 08:15 PM
    Blades stop turning as soon as I start cutting, but then start again after I back up,
    bolens st160 took blades off2sharpen. When I go2mow it stops after few feet; iback offthe taller grass theblades start turning again, but then I go forward and after a few feet it stops mowing again. The belt clutch loosens the belt but then tightens up again and so on... never had a problem until me sharpened blades it don't make sense 2me.do the bades have a certain spot. They don't hit each other trided moving blades 2 original positions dosen,t seem 2 help.there are no pins for setting the bades in a certain position.
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2011, 08:17 PM

Check the belt on the pulleys sounds like it is not tight enough , or came off one of the pulleys . Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore electric dryer won't start; timer clicks but drum doesn't start turning [ 2 Answers ]

I used an ohmeter to check start button, thermal fuse, timer, thermostats and they all check out OK. I'm afraid it's the motor and don't know how to get to it to test with ohmeter.

Rider 155 turning over but no start [ 1 Answers ]

I have rider 155 , w/Kohler 15.5 engine that will not start, its turning over but not trying to fire

Lawn Tractor won't start, no sound when turning the key? [ 5 Answers ]

Battery newly tested (ok). MTD model with Briggs & Straton engine. Was moving the lawn, shut off to empty bags, won't start after that? Help! phild395

Craftsman mower will not start after blades quit turning and motor was turned off. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a craftsman dyt 4000 lawn mower. I was mowing and the blades quit turning. So I turned the motor off to check the belts and now it won't start, not even a click when key is turned on.

B & S 28v707 turning over no start [ 6 Answers ]

I have picked up the engine above that sat for 3 years. Brand new battery as f last night and it wants to turnover but never does. The red wire to the starter where it bolts to the starter gets VERY HOT! Is this the problem? The starter does engage the flywheel and has plenty of power spinning it,...

View more questions Search