Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2011, 07:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    lets see the leading scientists of the hypothesis manipulated data to support a preconceived conclusion ;suppressed any evidence that ran counter to their hypothesis ,and then emailed each other bragging how they did it ... no conspiracy there .
    Well of course it wasn't a conspiracy, Tom, a conspiracy only happens when you don't get your way, this was just some misguided people who weren't try to decieve us, just tieding up the data which is what they have probably done all of their academic lives. It brings us to the point of asking what other hypotheses are wrong and manipulated to suit the idea that pure research should be fostered to keep these dills employed and out of the way of those trying to actually produce something. I mean these guys weren't supported by oil or coal companies or anything like that otherwise the data would have been tiedied in another direction.

There are some things I still don't get;
    Why are the heat readings taken in one of the consistently hot spots of the globe?
    Why are the CO2 readings taken within spitting distance of an active volcano?
    Why are heat readings taken near air conditioning condensers.

Perhaps the data did need tieding up to make sure these were included?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2011, 07:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Perhaps the data did need tieding up to make sure these were included?
    Hello again, birthers... I mean climate change deniers...

Didn't you read the Birth Certificate?? It explains all about climate change.. Bwa, ha ha ha.

excon
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2011, 07:14 AM
    Back to the OP for a sec. As I recall, it was supporters of Hillary Clinton that drummed up this birther conspiracy when her campaign started fizzling.

I also believe it was the NY Times that first questioned McCain's eligibility. Progressive Michael Ruppert along with Canadian journalist Barrie Zwicker and others drummed up the 9/11 truther conspiracy, which led to the "Bush did it" rallies by The All People's Coalition in San Francisco. It certainly wasn't a right-winger that ran with the "Bush lied" and the multitude of other Iraqi conspiracies attributed to Bush, or the "Trig truther" conspiracy.

I'd also add that most of the usual suspects on the right dismissed the "birther" nonsense early on. Seems to me the left just loves to stir up sh*t.
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2011, 07:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Seems to me the left just loves to stir up sh*t.
    Hello again, Steve:

So, the right wing LIES through their teeth, and when they're caught, you say the left loves to stir up crap... DUDE!

excon
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2011, 07:26 AM

Um, what lies would you be referring to? Give me proof, not posturing.
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2011, 07:31 AM
    Um, what lies would you be referring to? Give me proof, not posturing.
    Hello again, Steve:

I don't know... Didn't you hear Trump saying there's something ON the birth certificate that he doesn't want us to see? I did. Didn't you hear Trump say he has two investigators in Hawaii? I did. Didn't you hear Trump say his investigators reported to him that the birth certificate WAS NOT THERE??

I heard all that. It's a lie. Just cause you didn't hear it, doesn't mean he didn't say it.

excon
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2011, 07:36 AM

Trump is no right-winger.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2011, 07:47 AM
    Ah, the standard No true Scotsman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia statement. How I miss thee.
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2011, 07:58 AM
    Trump is no right-winger.
    Hello again, Steve:

Sorry. TODAY he's a right winger. I agree that he wasn't a right winger yesterday, and he probably won't be one tomorrow.. But, TODAY, he's playing that roll.

I understand, though... I'd disown him too.

excon
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2011, 08:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Ah, the standard No true Scotsman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia statement. How I miss thee.
    See ex's comment, he speaketh the truth.

Sorry. TODAY he's a right winger. I agree that he wasn't a right winger yesterday, and he probably won't be one tomorrow.. But, TODAY, he's playing that roll.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2011, 09:06 AM

He changes his stripes swiftly and often. His last big campaign donations went to Schmuck Schumer and Rhambo Emanuel.

What is his Party ? Well now he's a Republic... He was also one in 1987.

In October 1999, he registered in the Independence Party because he was considering a run for President as a Reform Party candidate in 2000. August 2001, switched to Democrat. He converted back to being a Republic in 2009. In fact he's the classic re-pubic
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2011, 09:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    He changes his stripes swiftly and often. His last big campaign donations went to Charles Ellis "Chuck" Schumer and Rahm Israel Emanuel.

What is his Party ? Well now he's a Republican ....He was also one in 1987.

In October 1999, he registered in the Independence Party because he was considering a run for President as a Reform Party candidate in 2000. August 2001, switched to Democrat. He converted back to being a Republican in 2009. In fact he's the classic re-Republican
    I fixed your post for you so that others would understand it.
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2011, 09:55 AM

Still think you are site editor ?
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2011, 09:57 AM
    Nope but I play the role of an adult here. :D Others not so much.
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2011, 09:58 AM

:rolleyes:
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2011, 10:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Nope but I play the role of an adult here.
    And once in a while you give us a good laugh.
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2011, 10:03 AM
    Excellent!
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2011, 10:45 AM
    Speaking of climate change, apparently the recent tornado victims had it coming for being deniers.

The congressional delegations of these states — Alabama, Tennessee, Mississippi, Georgia, Virginia, and Kentucky — overwhelmingly voted to reject the science that polluting the climate is dangerous. They are deliberately ignoring the warnings from scientists.
    Not just once, but at least twice ThinkProgress blamed deniers for the tornadoes, i.e. weather, that killed almost 300 people.

Craig Fugate, FEMA administrator actually has it right. "Actually what we're seeing is springtime," he said.
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2011, 10:52 AM
    Not just once, but at least twice ThinkProgress blamed deniers for the tornadoes,
    That what you got from the aticle? That ThinkProgress thinks the deniers caused the tornadoes? Really?
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2011, 10:57 AM

What did you get out of it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Birthers again? [ 51 Answers ]

No, truthers, this time right in Obama's administration. Obama's "green jobs" czar Van Jones got caught with his 9/11 truther pants down, signing a petition suggesting it was an inside job. Jones now says the petition "does not reflect my views now or ever," even though he won't explain how his...

View more questions Search