Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moni77 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2007, 01:04 PM
    Honor Father with a song
    My father passed away 6 months ago and I am engaged to be married later in the year. We were very close, and of course I'm going to miss having him there on the wedding day. He and I talked about our father-daughter dance, but never picked a song. There are a couple of beautiful songs (for example, Luther Vandross's "Dance With my Father Again") that I would love to play to honor him, but with whom do I dance during the song? I have one brother who I'm also close to and he's walking me down the aisle. Do I dance with him during the song? I don't want him to necessarily feel like just a stand-in...

Any advice on how to honor my Dad is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 24, 2007, 01:06 PM
    I love the Buddy Jewel song

Lacy's Song - Help Pour Out the Rain

It talks about going to heaven and seeing one's family again. Give it a listen.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 24, 2007, 03:52 PM
    I would leave the dance floor vacant for a part of the song ( for him) and then with a relation as you mentioned
    happy squirrel Posts: 12, Reputation: 4

Feb 27, 2007, 01:27 PM
    Moni77,
    I am so sorry for your loss...
    I think it's a great idea to do something to honnor him at your wedding. I don't know if that is possible but how about a screen with a couple of pictures of you and your dad while they play the song - you can either dance with your brother or the groom..
    Milfy1906 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2007, 02:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by moni77
    My father passed away 6 months ago and I am engaged to be married later in the year. We were very close, and of course I'm going to miss having him there on the wedding day. He and I talked about our father-daughter dance, but never picked a song. There are a couple of beautiful songs (for example, Luther Vandross's "Dance With my Father Again") that I would love to play to honor him, but with whom do I dance during the song? I have one brother who I'm also close to and he's walking me down the aisle. Do I dance with him during the song? I don't want him to necessarily feel like just a stand-in...

Any advice on how to honor my Dad is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    I think best you should dance with your brother. I will be doing the same thing when I get married.. My brother will be walking me down the isle, but we will also be dedication the song to our father as well.. Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Led Zeppelin Song Question - Swan Song [ 6 Answers ]

I'm hoping you can help me. I've been asked by my boss to get a copy of a song called "Swan Song" by Led Zeppelin. He's giving it as a gift to someone that sings the song a lot. Now, I'm a Zeppelin fan and I've explained to my boss that the only thing titled Swan Song that Zeppelin had a hand...

Maid Of Honor Toast needed quick.. HELP [ 1 Answers ]

I know it's the 11th hour, but my daughter is in desperate need for a short, cute and memorable Maid of Honor Toast for a wedding she is going to attend tomorrow (9/20). If anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated. **She is Maid of Honor for her best friend.

New step father wants to adopt child that has no father on birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I am a new step father and I wish to adopt my 4 year old step son and my 8 year old step son . The 4 year old does not have a father listed on the birth certificate and the 8 year old does but the bio-father has not made any kind of contact in 5 years but is court ordered to pay child support and...

Father and Daughter spanish song [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Does anyone know of a song for the bride and her father to dance to in spanish? I know one song that its called "Niņa Bonita" but the bride wants a different song.. please help

VH1 kitty cat players song. What is song? [ 0 Answers ]

On VH1 you see little collage kitties lip syncing a popular song during commercials. There was a song they were doing where one of the cats had a space helmet on and was playing the keyboard. Another cat had a weird halmet on and the part hey were singing went. "Sounds good, looks good, feels...

View more questions Search