Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    KILALA's Avatar
    KILALA Posts: 14, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Apr 17, 2011, 01:25 PM
    Form new LLC or take over S-corp
    I am buying the restaurant business. The restaurant has been 10 years and owner is retiring.

    They have S-corp.

    Can I just change the ownership name and take over S-corp?
    Since they have been business for 10 years and establish the credit.

    Or should I form the new entity to start the business?
    In that case, I will form LLC.

    The reason I am interested in take over their compay that I can say the company has been business for 10 years.

    Darbydyar's Avatar
    Darbydyar Posts: 1, Reputation: 2
    New Member

    Apr 28, 2011, 11:39 PM
    Hello Kilala,

    When you form a corporation, it has a documented number of years before that business expires, usually 50 years or over. When that expires, you can shift to LLC. But as of the moment, I think you can't do anything about it.


    visit: <a href=""><b>Incorporate a business</b></a>

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

S Corp 100% owner in LLC (Taxed as S Corp), How do I account for LLC on S Corps books [ 1 Answers ]

I have an S Corp that is a 100% owner in an LLC (which is taxed as an S corp). I am preparing the taxes for the companies and have run into a problem. I have given the S corp the k-1 from the llc and put the $'s into "other income" (Income section, line 5 1120s schedule). However, in filling in...

S corp vs llc [ 1 Answers ]

Already s corp, maybe switch to llc

LLC to S-Corp [ 1 Answers ]

How do I file an exemption for my LLC prior to becoming an S-Corp?

LLC to S Corp [ 1 Answers ]

How to change an LLC to an S Corp

View more questions Search