Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bakermc Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2011, 05:11 PM
    1999 Honda Civic LX automatic stalls
    I have a 1999 Honda Civic, 110,000 miles that occasionally (every 3-4 months) stalls. Once at a stop light, once while driving decelerating to turn, once after sitting all night in garage. All three times it started after a few minutes. I have heard that after 10-12 years electrical parts should be replaced like the main relay, ignition control module, coil, etc. Is it possible to narrow it down or do I have to replace all to fix problem? (the computer doesn't show any codes)
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2011, 05:27 PM

I would replace the Ignition Control Module (ICM) and coil:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post265896

If the CEL comes on and goes off normally, when the ignition switch is turned to ON (Position II), then the ECM is likely fine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1999 honda accord ex 4 cyl 210,00 miles engine stalls while running around 40 mph [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 1999 honda accord ex 4 cyl with 210,00 miles on it. Engine model is F23A4. In the past one year, I have installed new distributor cap, rotor, spark plug wires, spark plugs and recently timing belt and water pump. In the last 2 months, I noticed four times that my car engine stalled while...

Honda CRV automatic stalls on drive when cold [ 2 Answers ]

My 2001 CRV starts first time even in the cold and the idle is fine till I change to R or D, it then stalls. Eventually when I get it going, the revs are very low and if I stop it stalls. All problems resolve themselves once the engine is warm. The diagnostic was 100% and Honda blamed it on the...

1999 honda accord stalls while driving. Already replaced main relay. [ 2 Answers ]

Main relay just replaced. Seems to stall now when slowing down. Green Key light comes on. When attempting to re-start, it turns over, does not seem to catch, and dies out. After 3 to 6 attempts, it will start. When stalls, all electrical goes off.

Will a 1999 civic alternator fit on a 1997 honda civic [ 1 Answers ]

Will an alternator from a 99 civic work for my 97?

Honda civic stalls [ 20 Answers ]

I have an 89 honda civic lx 1.5L 5-sp. The car was running great until one day I was driving along around 60mph when the car sputter and lost power as if running out of fuel. I pulled over and the engine sputtered a little more but then was fine. This happened several more times over the course of...

View more questions Search