Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Damona Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2007, 03:38 PM
    Default (less than 30 days)
    If you have a contract with a loan company and it states that if you are one day late on your payment you are in default can they legally foreclose on your loan?
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2007, 03:47 PM
    IF that is what is stated in the contract that you sign, you agreed to those terms.

A contract is binding when two parties of the contract agree to the terms, if you don't agree with the terms stated, crossed them out.

But the law in your state to see if that is valid, sometimes the contract must be in harmony with state law.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 23, 2007, 06:41 PM
    Actually most loans have clauses where they are in default at some periold from one to 30 days,

Most companies do not turn them into default at that point, but have the option to do it.

And if it goes into default it means the entire loan becomes payable,
    Since I will assume this is not on a house there is really not a foreclosure only a default and the note become payable in full.

I would assume ( and it is only an assume) they use this as a threat to make sure they get paid on time or farily close to on time.

I have been there in my life, not having enough to pay everyone, so who gets put off, the ones who don't call or who don't say as much. The ones who start calling if it is one day late gets paid first.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

7 days late, spotting last 2 days [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My period is 7 days late today. The past couple of days I've been having cramps and I'm always sure my period has started but when I go to the bathroom there's nothing in my underware, just some brown smearing when I wipe. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 2 months... I tested...

Default judgment [ 2 Answers ]

I have lived in MA since 8/1998, previously having lived in NY. I just (10/2006) received notification of wage garnishment order (income execution) based on a default judgment for an old debt ($2611). The 'entry date' for the default judgment was July 2003, but this was the first I'd heard about...

Default judgement [ 2 Answers ]

I live in New York state, I had a default judgement placed against me because I didn't answer to an attorney letter, I feel I was not served properly, I want to try to get the default judgement set aside. I've been told to file a request for judicial intervention and a motion, well I found the form...

Default on car loan [ 6 Answers ]

I am facing a serious situation.I had a car loan and then I gat into an accident.It was a hit and run and the police never found the people that hit me.Unfortunelty right before that, because of serious financial problems, I couldn t make my insurance payments.Now I received a call from a lawyer...

Microphone is muted by default [ 1 Answers ]

HI GUYS, All of a sudden , I am unable to use my microphone as there is no sound recorded through when I try with sound recorder.onchecking I found that in the recording control -properties,microphone is muted by default ,I am unable to deselect the checkbox there. I am unable to...

View more questions Search