Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sugarcube1959 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2011, 01:01 PM
    Can charges be brought against a former girlfriend who had me arrested for assault
    Can criminal charges be brought against a former girlfriend who called the police and said that I had a dead bloody body in my house. When the police came they surrounded the house and arrested me. She said that I had kidnapped her and raped her. The charges were later dropped but what can I do about this.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2011, 01:24 PM

Contact an Attorney and sue her for any money this "episode" cost you - in lost wages, legal bills, MONETARY losses.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 9, 2011, 04:26 PM

You can talk to the DA and see if they are willing to press charges for filing a false police report.
    It is totally up to them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Arrested and charged with aggravated assault. What should I do now? [ 7 Answers ]

Got into a fight with my daughter and was arrested and charged. She lives in my house, does not work, lets her boyfriend spend the night and feeds him my food, and is very disrepectful. I am a full-time college student studying for a Bachelor's degree in criminal justice, I work full time as a...

Can a misdemeanor be a felony if one has two assault family violence charges [ 1 Answers ]

Can a misdemeanor become a felony if the person being convicted has two assault family violence charges and one pill conviction?

I need to beat assault/mischief charges [ 24 Answers ]

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Ontario Canada I know the response to this is to seek out a lawyer which I am doing. What I am looking for is to calm my nerves a bit because this needs to be dealt with and dropped somehow. I was charged with Assault and Mischief...

Custodial Father facing Simple Assault Charges [ 58 Answers ]

Michigan Ok. Long Story. I gave my son's dad custody of our son back in 2005. HE has had custody of him since. In 2007 I motioned the court for a change of custody. My motion was denied. We were then court ordered to submit a drug test, a psychological exam, and he was ordered to attend...

View more questions Search