Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kanicky73 Posts: 484, Reputation: 63

Jan 23, 2007, 09:45 AM
    Dead Beat Dad! I need advice!
    I will try to sum this up as quickly as I can. My daughters father (my ex) has tried to get out of so many responsibilities since the day we divorced. The last time I took him to court which was about 4 months ago, was for child support to be set at the full 17%. I have tried to strike deals with him in the past in order to get him to see his daughter more often. He got a raise over 2 years ago and never notified the court. So when we went to court a few months ago the child support was raised which is good but no one ever said anything about back child support. I felt I was owed that because he failed to notify the courts. My lawyer sucked and never asked about that or my request that he pay for half of child care expenses. I am looking to take him back for back child support, half day care expenses and the child tax credit be awarded to me. My question is, am I wasting my time? It seemed like the last time we went to court the judge was on my ex's side. He ordered I reimburse my ex for my half of some medical bills that he paid. Even though had I been getting the full 17% child support that I was entitled to I would have been able to pay my half. And he ordered that I drive to drop off and pick up our daughter for my ex's weekend visitations even though my ex is the one who moved further away. I felt like that judge was out to get me. Maybe that's why I am scared to take this back to court, I don't want to get ordered to do any more ridiculous things. I foot the bill for everything for my daughter and feel I am entitled to these things for her. Does anyone have any advice or been through the same thing. Help! Also if it helps any we live in the state of WI.
    mrsmaylemann Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2007, 12:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kanicky73
    I will try to sum this up as quickly as I can. My daughters father (my ex) has tried to get out of so many responsibilities since the day we divorced. The last time I took him to court which was about 4 months ago, was for child support to be set at the full 17%. I have tried to strike deals with him in the past in order to get him to see his daughter more often. He got a raise over 2 years ago and never notified the court. So when we went to court a few months ago the child support was raised which is good but no one ever said anything about back child support. I felt I was owed that because he failed to notify the courts. My lawyer sucked and never asked about that or my request that he pay for half of child care expenses. I am looking to take him back for back child support, half day care expenses and the child tax credit be awarded to me. My question is, am I wasting my time? It seemed like the last time we went to court the judge was on my ex's side. He ordered I reimburse my ex for my half of some medical bills that he paid. Even though had I been getting the full 17% child support that I was entitled to I would have been able to pay my half. And he ordered that I drive to drop off and pick up our daughter for my ex's weekend visitations even though my ex is the one who moved further away. I felt like that judge was out to get me. Maybe thats why I am scared to take this back to court, I dont want to get ordered to do any more ridiculous things. I foot the bill for everything for my daughter and feel I am entitled to these things for her. Does anyone have any advice or been thru the same thing. Help!! Also if it helps any we live in the state of WI.
    I have been through the same thing (thinking the judge was out to get me). I feel for you. I can tell you from experience that you need to stick to your guns and get what is righfully due to you. If you stand firm and do some research on a better lawyer you can get everything you just asked for. You're not asking for a whole lot in my opinion. Good luck to you.
    kanicky73 Posts: 484, Reputation: 63

Jan 23, 2007, 12:41 PM
    Thank you!! Its really tough and no one understands. They just think I am trying to seek revenge. I am the one who filed for divorce, what revenge could I possibly be looking for? I just don't think that it should be my sole responsibility to financially support the daughter "we" brought into the world. Thanks again for your comments.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Beat the amortization [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, my 10th grd math teacher asked us to write a paper about beating the amortizations on debt... but all I have been able to come up with is the meaning of it... and several amortization calculators, but these aren't telling me what I need. Does anyone know any thing about this?? :confused:

Need advice on how to talk to gfs dad. [ 27 Answers ]

I need to apoligize for some problems I've caused. That I am not the bad person he thinks I am, that I am ashamed of myself because of the problems that had happened in the past 3 months of getting his daughter in trouble. Beacause of seeing her behind his back hence the fact he thought I am a bad...

Old Dad - Old Cooler/Heater - Replacement advice Needed [ 1 Answers ]

This is long. That's because it's not so much a technical fix that I need as a Wise Opinion. I put a lot of details in the note. I'm a new user here.. And I have a problem that's hopefully simple. I'm a retired scientist with a background in electronics, chemistry and materials. This is my...

Another type of dead beat dad [ 11 Answers ]

Im a single mom as well, with just 1 child. The father is behind 6 months in child support and behind a year in medical reimbusments. But that is not my question. Here's the background of the case: We have an extensive mediation agreement, which grants me the right to live in the family home...

Help Please. Need Advice. Battery Dead Again... why? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 1993 Eagle Summit Wagon (van) only 55,000 km. (I basically drive it to the store and back! In the past, over the years, there have been some occasions when I left my lights on (by mistake) and the next day when I would go to start the car and would turn the key there would be absolutely...

View more questions Search