Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    krystalg223 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2011, 04:33 PM
    Chat with a obgyn online for free?
    Hello my boyfriend and I are trying to get pregnant but we heard that his meds he is on for epilepsy (dilantin) is making it hard for us. I take prenatal vitamins everyday to help. We have been trying for about 2 yrs now. If anyone can help *** and thank you...
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2011, 05:33 PM

Have you both had some fertility testing done? As with many medications, the effects can be different for different people. Dilantin may effect sperm quality for some men, but others find they have no problems with fertility.

Since it has been about two years, if you haven't already, I would look into some testing for both of you to rule out other possible causes that may need to be addressed. You can also speak with the reproductive endocrinologist to determine your options and how best to proceed.
    pple1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2011, 07:59 AM
    If a miscarriage occurs will a home pregnancy test still come up positive?
    pple1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2011, 08:00 AM
    If a miscarraige accures will a home pregnancy test still show up positive?
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2011, 04:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pple1 View Post
    if a miscarraige accures will a home pregnancy test still show up positive?
    Hi pple1,

Yes, it is likely that you will still get a positive at first as it can take a bit of time for the hormone associated with pregnancy (hcg) to go down.

If a miscarriage is suspected, it is a good idea to consult your doctor or midwife for an exam so that a determination can be made.
    WildSweet123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2011, 01:47 PM
    My last period started nov7 and ended nov11.me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex on the 10 and the 15 could I be pregnant?
    WildSweet123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2011, 02:06 PM
    My last period was nov7-11and me and my boyfriend had sex on the 10 and 15 could I be pregnant?
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2011, 02:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by WildSweet123 View Post
    My last period was nov7-11and me and my boyfriend had sex on the 10 and 15 could I be pregnant?
    Yes, it is possible. See what happens when your period is due for December and take a pregnancy test if necessary.
    nicolebrook92 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2011, 05:19 PM
    I had my period on the 17th and had unprotected sex on the 20th of November.. I started showing all the signs of being pregnant . But today I got my period a week after I was supposed to have it.. could I still be pregnant ?
    shimae Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2011, 03:11 PM
    If I had my period nov 12 and ovulated around the 25 or 26 not sure but I had mucus just before I started my period so I thought it was my period but it was drops of blood enough to fill a panty liner but not enough to have a heavy pad which I am always heavy then after like 6 days I still had mucus all the way through the bleeding and after and now its December 22 and I still have mucus does that mean I'm pregnant because I have had negative test and today to?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Obgyn online free [ 4 Answers ]

I am 16 and had unprotected sex on the 21, I was supposed to start my period on the 24 and now it's the 30th and I still don't have my period, is there anyway my period could come late due to the having sex without me being pregnant?

Free Obgyn Chat? [ 4 Answers ]

I had sex the 14th of feb and got my period the 19rd of feb. from the 28th through the 4th I was nausious everyday in the morning at the same time. My breasts feel fuller since this past Sunday and I have been eating a whole lot and craving certain foods together. I am ver tired and have had some...

Free online obgyn [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I had protected sex but realized after that some of his *** had seeped from the end of the condom. I am about a month late on my period and I have cramps but no bleeding. Am I pregnant? Also, I've been having pain in my lower abdomen during sex.

Ask a obgyn online for free [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, my last period was on December 4/09. I was on birth control pills and my husband and I decided we wanted to get pregnant so I stopped taking the pills 4 days after I started them. I had breakthrough bleeding on December 14th, that lasted 4 days. We've been having unprotected sex for about 8...

View more questions Search