Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ldriver Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2011, 08:54 AM
    AOL Help Desk?
    I have an AOL e-mail address and lately in sending out e-mails ,they are being returned. However my friends are getting spam e-mail messages from that I an not sending. I need help
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2011, 09:26 AM

To stop the emails being sent in your name, change your AOL password. Apparently someone has it and is signing on in your name, tapping into your address book.

You cannot send ANY emails?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2011, 09:58 AM
    With all due respect you need to get off AOL. It's a dying service and their helpdesk is abysmal.
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Apr 4, 2011, 10:19 AM
    Sounds like someone has cracked you AOL account Change your AOL password, then drip AOL as a email provider. If you are using a mail client installed on your computer a Trojan may be your problem run your anti-spyware and updates. Also now that you are working on your email and stuff . Give Gmail a try
    oceanguys Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2011, 06:50 AM
    My email is sending out spam to my friends and business associates without me sending them
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 19, 2011, 05:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanguys View Post
    my email is sending out spam to my friends and business associates without me sending them
    You most likely have a virus. Get your computer checked right away. If a trojan has taken over then you need to clear it right away. Your personal information is at risk.

The only other explination is that someone has stolen your password and is now using your email to send spam. But in that case they normally change your password to it so you can't do anything with it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

AOL help desk phone number? [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently been getting an error message, 420 service temporarely unavailable, for over a week now. What can I do to restore my e-mail access.

AOL help desk phone number [ 1 Answers ]

I cannot get into my AOL account since last 6/14/2010. I get a meassage password is not valid, then I go to forgot password, go to reset then it comes up no match. I called the help desk person does not speak clear English!! AND WAS TOLD IT WOULD COST $30.00 TO FIX??

AOL help desk phone number [ 1 Answers ]

Not able to open email with my password-I try (forgot password) and still won't open - I try reset with word image and get no match... HELP!

AOL connectivity &aol one-click fix [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know how to re- install "aol connectivity& aol one-click fix"?

View more questions Search