Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Elfrieda Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2011, 12:34 PM
    Male dog leaking urine suddenly. Also drinking plenty water more than usual suddenly.
    12 year old foxterrier.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2011, 06:35 PM

More info please :)
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2011, 11:26 PM

12 is getting on in years for a Foxie, I would definitely be getting a vet do some some bloodwork.
    There are quite a few things that can cause excess water consumption, some minor like diabetes, some major like liver failure.
    I would take a guess and say the incontinence is caused by the fact he is drinking more, and because of his age he is having trouble holding all that extra liquid in... they are more than probably not linked to the same illness.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2011, 09:12 AM

As I understand it the dog (a 12 year old fox terrier) is drinking more water and having difficult controlling his urine.

I agree with Shaz - a trip to the Vet. Something is undoubtedly causing the excessive water drinking and then your dog is having a problem because of all that water in his system. Could be as simple as a bladder infection.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dog has suddenly quit eating and drinking, He's panting but has normal temperature [ 2 Answers ]

Thirteen year old pappilion went from his normal extremely active happy self to a panting, non drinking or eating dog. He shows unusual habits as well (not laying in his favorite spots, not following me around like my shadow). I've tried placing water in his mouth but he just spits it out. This...

My dog is suddenly eating less. [ 2 Answers ]

My dog is almost 2 years old and has we've always fed him once a day around the same time. We give him Purina Dog Chow and measure to the specifications on the bag per his age/size. In the past month or so, he has been suddenly eating less. He doesn't finish his food very often, but he'll eat at...

Dog suddenly not going out to pee [ 2 Answers ]

We have 2 shepard-lab mix dogs, one male and one female, from the same litter. We got the male several months later than the female (he's only been with us since July, whereas we got her last December). Both of them are quite fearful for some unknown reason (they're puppies of a rescue dog, never...

Dog suddenly throwing up. [ 1 Answers ]

Ok as I have mentioned before I have always had cats so this dog thing is a mystery to me. So here is the question. I got my dog his last parvo shot this Saturday and then we went to the beach and played in the surf for Sat/Sunday. Last night he went and crawled into his crate and went to sleep....

Dog suddenly peeing [ 1 Answers ]

So my dog Zeus has always been very well behave when it comes to doing his business. Now all of a sudden he just starts wetting things. He has wet my bed 2x this week and sometimes when my husband comes home he will get excited and wet the floor. How do we get him to stop this?

View more questions Search