Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mel0422 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2011, 10:39 PM
    Can I marry a immigrant while I'm on welfare?
    Can I marry an immigrant and send for him if I'm on welfare and have section 8 housing?
    zylstra Posts: 83, Reputation: 11

Mar 27, 2011, 11:07 PM
    Yes, but they will not be able to become a citizen because you must prove that you have to ability to support them financially.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 28, 2011, 04:39 AM
    What do you mean by 'send for him?' I hope you aren't falling for some online international marriage scam.
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Mar 28, 2011, 12:06 PM

It depends on your income and the size of your family with dependents. If you have other dependents check the 2011 I-864P and it will list the income requirements.

If you don't meet the USCIS income requirement for a family of 2 (don't know your family size) of $18,213. You can get a joint sponsor. There are other ways, such as the asset test if you have savings and other liquid assets, but its generally easier to get a joint sponsor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Requirements to marry an immigrant [ 5 Answers ]

I am wanting to marry an immigrant from Thailand. What requirements are there? I have heard that I must make so much money per year to be able to do that. Is that true? What paperwork is needed? Also, how easy is it for illegal immigrants to marry American citizens? Is anybody checking to see if an...

How do I marry an illegal immigrant? [ 4 Answers ]

I have two good friends that I want to marry so they can get their citizenship. How do I do so?

How Can I Marry an immigrant who has a visa [ 2 Answers ]

I want to Marry a lady who ls in Haiti. She is coming to America on a Visa. How can we legally marry?

Requirements to marry an immigrant [ 2 Answers ]

What are the requirements to marry an immigrant

View more questions Search