Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    countrygalmtc Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2011, 01:09 PM
    Septic Tanks
    What does it mean when you have suds in the backyard? We have a septic tank.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2011, 01:40 PM

When it happened to me my leach field was overloaded and sewage was rising to the surface.

I've also heard of oversudsing causing suds to come out of the holding tank and rise to the surface.

Either way it's not a good sign.
    rihcard Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2011, 02:09 PM
    Well, here is the true answer... 1st if you have a drywell check to see if it is full? 2nd if you haven't had your tank cleaned in 5years you need to have it cleaned... most likely that's your problem... its full...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 27, 2011, 02:46 PM

Could be several things, trouble with a dainage field, tank needs to be pumped out, your household has grown and youu are using more water than the system can handle

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Septic tanks and juniper shrubs [ 2 Answers ]

Is it okay to plant juniper shrubs over a septic tank?

Septic tanks [ 1 Answers ]

We just recently emptied our septic tank, they broke the cap off and now I don't know how to close it back up. Have and ideas for me? I want to close the septic tank myself, I can't afford to hire a plumber.

Septic tanks [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: I have a stream of water coming from under my house. Its coming from the area where the septic tank is. I have used RID X and other like products but nothing is working! Any suggestions

Bubble noise in toilets, septic tanks just drained [ 7 Answers ]

Started about 2 weeks ago, both toilets, back to back rooms, started making bubbling noises, then would not flush. Let sit water in bowl goes down, let sit even longer I could flush a couple times normal then would start backing up again. Tub and sinks and everything seem to drain fine no problem....

Basement septic tanks [ 1 Answers ]

Can septic tanks be located at basements?if yes, how to pump the discharged water from the outlet pipe of the tank going to the street sewer line?

View more questions Search