Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    openminded30 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2011, 01:27 PM
    Probation transfer?
    My boyfriend is on probation in SC and I want him to be able to move to Iowa with myself and our young son. I wrote a letter to give to his probation officer but I want to know the odds of him actually being able to come. I do not want to move back to SC because of school and a possible job offer in 3 months
    Thanks OM30
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2011, 01:29 PM

No one knows the odds - there's no one answer fits all. If your boyfriend made a convincing argument, yes, it could be granted.

If you were married your letter would carry more weight. I'm not saying a marriage can't break up but I don't know if the PO will recommend that he move with no job in the "new" place and no marriage.

A possible job offer may not be compelling evidence. An actual job would be.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2011, 03:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by openminded30 View Post
    I want to know the odds of him actually being able to come.
    Hello open:

If he follows my advice, his odds are 99 to 1 that he'll get it. If he doesn't, his odds are 99 to 1 that he won't.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 26, 2011, 05:47 PM

And your letter means nothing, your boyfreind has to actually do the work and apply for the transfer.
    openminded30 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2011, 05:54 PM
    He is the one doing the transfer but I wanted in black and white that he has someone up here. He has been looking for jobs up here as well. I just wanted to know what else he will have to do thank you
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2011, 05:56 PM

Hello again, o:

During the investigation, they would have discovered that themselves, but it's fine that you're being pro-active.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation transfer [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend is in Ripley County Jail about to be release this month. He did 7 months and will have to serve 2 yrs probation. He also has restition $7000. Can he get his probation transferred down to Florida? Someone please HELP!!

How do I transfer my probation [ 1 Answers ]

I am on misdemeanor probation in Ocala, Florida. My charges are paraphernalia, marijutana less than 20 grams and one count of concealed weapons. I have been on probation for four months. I recently found out that I am pregnant. My husband has a job in Louisiana and he is leaving for his job in...

Probation Transfer [ 5 Answers ]

I recently put in a request to transfer my probation from Texas to New Mexico and they haven't answered our request yet.What could be taking them so long?

Transfer of probation [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking to transfer my probation from the state of Michigan to the state of Texas?

View more questions Search