Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michael1966 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2011, 12:07 PM
    Contract fraud for buying vehicle through brother?
    Can iget my money back if I have paying on my brothers truck through acontact and then he decices he wantstruck back
    michael1966 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2011, 12:19 PM
    Purchase truck from brother
    My brother wanted me to take over payments for his truck but has it finaced through aloan company.but he come up with acontract for me to take payments and taxes and maint.over so we signed it in front of a noatry.now he wants truckback and has filed papers to get truckback.and now it has been repossed by the loan co.ihave5000.00dollars in this truck plus adown paymentof 1500.00dollars that is not in contract but have receipt.do istand any chance of getting any money back??
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2011, 01:25 PM

You have a written contract with your brother, your payments are up to date and now he wants to take the truck back?

Am I correct?

If what I have posted is correct he cannot.

EDIT: Answered on your other thread which provides more details.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2011, 01:27 PM

You've asked the same question twice with different facts.

Did anyone check with the loan company to see if your brother COULD have you take over the payments?

Sue your brother for what you have in the truck.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 26, 2011, 03:10 PM

First I merged your threads, please keep to one thread. Second, your post is confusing. What it sounds like is your brother gave you the truck in return for taking over the loan. But because the lender had a lien on the truck he couldn't transfer title.

But, if you were making payments why was the truck repoed? That reason for that is key to whether you can recover anything.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my vehicle contract now void? [ 14 Answers ]

I make payments on a used car that I got in June 2010 and still haven't gotten the registration. I found out the dealer just got the title feb. 2011. Is that payment contract now void and can I give the car back and get my money back?

Retail Installment Sales Contract for Used Vehicle [ 6 Answers ]

Can you tell me if a buy here pay here used car sales dealer in Florida can create their own retail installment sales contract with their own terms or do they have to follow the federal guidelines/verbiage?

Dealer won't sell me vehicle after I signed the contract. [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, Last week I purchased a brand new 2008 Mazda Tribute from a Mazda dealership in Agincourt Ontario. The contract was signed and I left a $500. Deposit. I was to pick up the vehicle a few days later as it was being rustproofed. The vehicle I chose in the lot matches the vehicle in the...

If you commit fraud to enter contract is contract valid? [ 4 Answers ]

Seems like a simle question. What's the answer? Thanks!

Private Vehicle Sale Fraud in SC [ 12 Answers ]

I purchased a 1996 right hand drive subaru vehicle from a co-worker whom I thought was reputable. I work at the post office as a rural carrier and my vehicle I used to deliver died and was not worth fixing. I quickly purchased this car from a carrier who had a few vehicles for sale because she no...

View more questions Search