Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mmrted Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2011, 09:26 AM
    Boa will denymy re fi of a rental unit
    I have put up with 4 months of BS from BOA and now they want 6K DOCUMENTED cash to bring to closing.Because my tenants [7] pay in cash or if by check it is immediately cashed and deposited. There appears to be no possible way to meet their requirements. CAN I SUE THEM IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT FOR THE TIME AND MONEY I HAVE LOST? I will go to the credit union today but am sure it will be at a higher rate. HAS ANYONE HEARD OF THIS. I live in Missouri. Ted Winkler [email protected]
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 25, 2011, 09:28 AM

What does the $6K cover, what caused this bill?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Mar 25, 2011, 10:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mmrted View Post
    ... CAN I SUE THEM IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT FOR THE TIME AND MONEY I HAVE LOST? ...
    No.

It is doubtful that they have an obligation to extend you credit. An, in any event, it is a reasonable requirement that you document your receipts in a businesslike manner.

In the future, I suggest that you deposit all rental receipts in a business account and keep records of those moneys received. If you receive cash, write out a receipt and keep the copies in one place.

Among other things, this is necessary for tax purposes.
    bluemonkeyfarm Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2011, 06:38 PM
    Only 4 months. Try 22 month and see how pissed you will get.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are there a minimum number of officers required to serve on a 16 unit condominium boa [ 2 Answers ]

Are there a minimum number of officers required to serve on a 16 unit condominium board (e.g. a president, a secretary, and a treasurer) and if so, is it legal in NJ for one board member to serve in all capacities with no other association members on the board?

The Kenyan Sand Boa [ 2 Answers ]

I am going to a classroom to dicuss certain animals to little children. I am going to be talking about the Kenyan Sand Boa. I looked up all the facts and I am just wondering, if you were a child, what questions would you ask me? I wish to be prepared for this. Any questions to this answer will...

Showing a rental unit [ 2 Answers ]

I read some postings regarding the 24 hour notice required of a realtor prior to showing a rental unit that is for sale. Does this hold true in California and/or is there any other rules in California pertaining to this situation I should know about? Thank you.

View more questions Search