Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bines98 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2011, 05:35 PM
    What if u take a pic of a painet name is that hippaa?
    What if u take a pic of a scrip name ({name removed})that it? Does that vol. hippa laws?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 24, 2011, 05:39 PM

More of an explanation is necessary. I gather someone took a picture of a prescription. Who took the picture, why, and what was done with it?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 24, 2011, 06:07 PM

Yes, we take photos every day of patients for our files and for the work and fittings we do. We also make copies of many medical records. So who did what and what are they doing with it.

Mar 24, 2011, 06:08 PM
    Its my friend... she work for a cvs pharmacy filling pills... and one of the doc sent over a scrip that they miss spell as *** name removed** that all she took at pic of the guys name that it... nothin else no info of the guy.. txt it to the pharmacies for a joke... try to figure if it hippa or not..
    Expert

Mar 24, 2011, 06:14 PM

Yes, and most likely could and will lose her job because of it, and have a hard time working in a medical setting again

She took the name of a patient and sent it out to others by text message.

Who in a pharmacy, just the one where she works, or other stores, other companies.

The drug store may have to even contact the patient and explain that info about her was released.

Mar 24, 2011, 06:17 PM

If the picture just showed a patient's names without what the prescription was for, it may not qualify as a violation. But if it included the details about the meds, then it definitely was. Either way its was a breach of ethics and should get her fired.

Mar 24, 2011, 06:19 PM
    She sent it to one person that it...

Mar 24, 2011, 06:26 PM

Doesn't matter, it's a breach of ethics at the least.

Mar 24, 2011, 06:43 PM

Didn't you notice we have been removing the name? We won't permit you to post someone else's name. That is also a breach of ethics. It doesn't matter how amusing the name was.

Mar 24, 2011, 06:49 PM
    Srry...

Mar 24, 2011, 06:59 PM
    Thanks for helping me out... I understand a lot more about this...
    Expert

Mar 24, 2011, 07:22 PM

And obviously they also told you, ( unless you are the person they texted it to) and you have been posting it all over the internet ( we have been deleting the name)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HIPPAA violation for dentist's personal gain? [ 8 Answers ]

Hey guys, I worked with a general dentist for four years. During my last year with him, he got into the Market America vitamins business & decided he wanted to sell those to the patients. He brought in a Market America rep (who was one of his patients) who created a form for all the patient's to...

HIPPAA rights violated? [ 15 Answers ]

Here's the need to know background details: I recently had a chemical dependency evaluation and signed the HIPPAA rights giving permission for the chemical dependency counselor permission to share my info. With my probation officer. I am undergoing Outpatient treatment in which my contract clearly...

Hippaa law in non medical field. [ 5 Answers ]

Okay I don't know what exactly I need to ask. First I work for my rent and have lived here for 3 yrs. WE have not worked for that long just on and off. Recently something happened on th property and seeing as we talk to the tenants on a personal basis we have been advised that we are under what is...

I think a HIPPAA law was broken. [ 9 Answers ]

If I am taking care of a private care client and on my day off I go to see my doctor which happens to be the same doctor my client sees and we discuss my client while I am there have I violated HIPPAA Laws?

View more questions Search