Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peacemaker129 Posts: 83, Reputation: 9

Mar 22, 2011, 09:24 PM
    I need support
    My dad took away my Facebook, and my ability to text.. I miss my friend Katey.. I don't see her every day because we don't do to the same school :'( We are growing apart I'm afraid.. I'm not looking for a solution because my dad took them away for good reason.. I just need some support :'( Please?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 22, 2011, 09:33 PM

There's more to life then Facebook and texting. You said that your dad took away these privileges for a good reason. Did those reasons have something to do with Katey? Were you spending too much time texting or on fb?

Would your dad allow you to contact Katey some other way, or is Katey the problem?

If Katey isn't the problem, then try writing her a letter. I know, it's old fashioned, but a letter is a great way to communicate. Also, if dad will let you, why not try calling her?

If Katey is the problem, a bad influence, then there's really not much you can do. I know it hurts, but you will feel better soon, and at least you know your dad had a reason for doing what he did.

One thing you have to realize, and it's really for your own good. Facebook, texting, internet sites, they can become addictive, so much so that you no longer spend time in the real world, doing real things. FB and texting have their time and place, but if you're using them as your sole means of communication, then it's a good thing your dad took them away now, before you become reliant on them.

It's time to make friends you can see every day, friends that you can talk to face to face. The real world is out there, it's not on a computer or on a phone. :)
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Mar 22, 2011, 11:02 PM
    Comment on Altenweg's post
    Exactly
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Mar 22, 2011, 11:43 PM
    I'm impressed you admit your dad
    Had good reason.

Maturity is creeping up on you early.
    An adult will admit they are wrong.
    Children blame others.

An adult asks for help if needed.
    Fools never feel they need help.

(Edited to correct an assumption)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 23, 2011, 12:57 AM

Martin, I had to spread the rep.

I'm impressed with our young OP too. She/he admitted that dad had a reason to take away her privileges. That shows great maturity, and that's why I know our young poster can deal with this, and even turn it into something great.

Facebook and texting isn't life. It's so far from the real world that it may as well be out of space. I know you can do better. I know you can do great things. Start living in the real world, leave the cyber world behind. Except of course to come here and give us updates. ;)
    peacemaker129 Posts: 83, Reputation: 9

Mar 23, 2011, 10:23 PM
    Thanks you guys :) And no Katey wasn't the problem.. And thank you for calling me mature :) it really made me just sit and smile... I'm 14... Lol :) And yes, your right... Facebook and texting are not life, and after two days without it I relize I don't miss it all that much c:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can I sue a child support agency for not enforcing support orders? [ 15 Answers ]

In 2002, a NY family court ordered my ex-husband (the non-custodial parent of our 2 minor children) to pay child support in the amount of $250 per week. This court order was subsequently made a part of our divorce decree in 2005. In 2004, the NCP moved from NY to OR then eventually to CA to...

Can a man after paying support for 15 yrs request paternity and get support stopped [ 2 Answers ]

If a man paid child support for 15 yrs and begins to question paternity can he get this stopped

View more questions Search