Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elzacapcelea Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2011, 02:01 PM
    I am G-4 visa holder for 11 years. When can I apply for a Green card?
    My husband works for the World Bank in DC. We have G-4 visa. Can we apply for a Green Card and when?
    Thak you.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2011, 03:35 PM

I don't think you CAN with a G-4. You will lose that tax exempt status if and when you get a green card... but you have to change your status FROM a G-4 to do it.

You can't simply change jobs with a G-4, and if you do leave the World Bank with a G-4 you can't stay the Visa will cancel, In other words a G-4 is not a path to citizenship. It's a conditional Visa. You basically have to completely change your status here. But you can do it.

Yes, I actually know a number of people that work there. Some have transitioned and later acquired Green cards and citizenship.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Mar 18, 2011, 06:10 PM

In order to obtain green card, you must be qualified in either one of the categories. G-4 is not a path to green card.
    korka Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2011, 09:11 PM
    Hi,I'm 19years old,and I'm a L2 visa holder is it possible for me to apply for a green card?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

A B1 visa holder marrying a green card holder in us [ 6 Answers ]

I already had a B1 visa... after that I got married in pakistan when my husband came frm us... then I fly to us as a tourist.. n got the court marriage done here in us... so how can I stay with my husband... in us should I change the status of my visa... or my husband could apply for a spouse...

I am a green card holder and have been living in the US for 13 years - three years ag [ 21 Answers ]

I am a green card holder and have been living in the US for 13 years - three years ago I have purchased a house in Poland for which I borrowed money from my father in Poland (he is Polish citizen only, not US resident in any manner). I have sold this house last year and I have reported capital gain...

Is H1 married to Green Card Holder elligible to apply for Green Card? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am on my H1B visa in USA since Jan 2006.I got married to a Permanent resident in US while I am on my h1B. 1) I would like to know if I could start my green card processing through my husband? 2) How long can I stay on my H1B and when should I get my extension of H1B? Thanks Much!...

View more questions Search