Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DesCall Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2007, 07:26 AM
    Initial 'no signal' message
    Hi,

Hope you can help. My computer has been running fine for 2 years. Last week it has began to do something odd. When I switch it on it starts running OK but a 'no signal' message appears on the monitor. If I then switch it off and back on again everything is OK and the 'no signal' message does not appear. This happens every time I come to switch my computer on - first 'no signal', then everything is OK. Any idea what the problem may be? Thanks in advance for any help.

All the best,
    Des
    Press2Esc Posts: 251, Reputation: 10

Jan 22, 2007, 06:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DesCall
    Hi,

Hope you can help. My computer has been running fine for 2 years. Last week it has began to do something odd. When I switch it on it starts running OK but a 'no signal' message appears on the monitor. If I then switch it off and back on again everything is OK and the 'no signal' message does not appear. This happens every time I come to switch my computer on - first 'no signal', then everything is OK. Any idea what the problem may be? Thanks in advance for any help.

All the best,
    Des
    Des, if I were to guess, I would say your video card is the problem. Try reseating the video board & cable connection... if no change, try another a video card.

P2E
    Steve_C Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Feb 26, 2007, 08:39 PM
    I have used a monitor like this before.
    If I understand you correctly the no signal stays till your system is fully up and running or do you have to power on then off then on again?
    The monitor could be slow warm up time.
    Check the monitor settings for hybernation if it has them also check the system and BIOS settings for them.

Other than that I do not have much information to go on.

Steve C.
    heinzd57 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2007, 08:34 AM
    Some monitors have a power on light that is amber and green. It turns from amber to green once the monitor is detected by the video card. If does no change to green then you have a faulty video card

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor No Signal Message [ 1 Answers ]

Hi guys, I've seen there are a few threads on this topic but I couldn't see anything that applied to me. I've just bought a new pretty much everything for my PC. The only original part now is the case and PSU. I had problems with the hard drive of the original unit and wanted some more...

Initial surge in water pressure? [ 1 Answers ]

Earlier this week the plumber came to fix the toilets in our house. He did a minor rebuild on two of them (not sure this has anything to do with our problem, but it started as soon as the plumber left). While he was here, he measured the water pressure and told us it was 80psi (same as we'd been...

California 1950.5 - Right to initial inspection [ 2 Answers ]

It says under California Civil Code 1950.5 that the tenant has a right to initial inspection of the unit prior to moving out. My landlord notified me of this and I requested on a written form to them to have this done and that I waived the right to 48-hour notice for them to enter (since I'm never...

Changes on the Initial Explorer Page [ 3 Answers ]

?? I'm sorry for this question... could be something very easy to solve, but I can't. Every time I start the Internet Explorer, my selected initial home page is changed!! Every time!! The home page changes to something like this: "res://uhdfx.dll/index.html#12372". If someone knows what is this,...

View more questions Search