Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MattDz02 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2011, 06:33 PM
    Snow Blower Oil Change
    Got a brand new Cub Cadet 179cc 4 cycle engine snow thrower for Christmas. The guy at the store told me to change the oil after the first 8 hours of use and I just did that but I am having difficulty determining if I added enough oil. I drained a little under 16 oz of oil and added back in approximately 16 oz of oil. However, when I try to use the dip stick to determine if I have filled it properly it comes out with oil on it from the very top to the very bottom, the dip stick is pretty much no use at all. I don't think I overfilled it but thought I would check here to see if someone could offer some help/advice.

Thanks, Matt.

Check out some similar questions!

How far should a craftsman 5.5 hp snow blower model no. 536.886150 be throwing snow? [ 1 Answers ]

Has a new auger belt. Only throws it about 5 feet. Constantly gets clogged.

My signature brand snow blower clogges and won't throw snow why [ 2 Answers ]

It starts up first pull sounds great one push in the snow cutes clogged and it don't throw snow

Can I use a Echo PowerBlend 2-stroke engine oil with Toro Snow Blower? [ 1 Answers ]

My Toro snow blower needs a 2-cycle oil engine oil to be mixed with gasoline. As per their manual, "Use Toro 50:1 2-Cycle Oil (Fuel Stabilizer Added) or an equivalent high-grade, NMMA TCW 3-certified 2-cycle oil. To prevent engine damage, do not use automotive oil (such as SAE 30 or 10W30) or fuel...

Snow blower won't throw snow impeller works auger works new belt pushes up the chute [ 11 Answers ]

The impeller works the auger works put a new belt on the snow starts to come out the chute goes about six inches plugs no broken pin checked all I could

Snow blower not picking up snow [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Noma 5.0 HP snow blower that is not working correctly. The shears are not turning and picking up the snow. I've checked the shear pins, but they seem to be in good condition. What else should I check? Thanks

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.