Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KlikThis1 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2011, 09:09 AM
    My ex-employer is sabotaging my attempts to get a new job!
    Hey guys, what can I do! After 4 years of being yelled at and basically verbally abused every day, I decided I couldn't take it anymore, even if I needed the money. So I put in my resignation and worked out my last 2 weeks, but now I'm being blacklisted by my ex-boss. I've been trying to find a job since December and come to find out, my ex-boss (who's a dentist) is talking major trash about me to anyone calling for a reference. He's even starting to tell people that me and another employee stole over $150,000, which is a load of crap. What do I do? In this economy I can't afford this! It's hard enough trying to find a job, but I can't find one in the dental field now because every possible employer gets an earful from another dentist about me. Who are they going to believe? Me or another dentist? Am I screwed?
    shennema Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2011, 06:25 PM
    Have someone call and record or have someone call and act as a witness and once you have some kind of evidence, lawyer up. My former boss did this with a former co-worker and she sued for 50,000 damages.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 30, 2011, 06:37 PM

Your former employer can say anything that is true. But he can't say anything false. But you will need to prove it is false and that it damaged you.

Consult an attorney. You should be able to find one to take this on contingency.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Misdemeanor case dismissed can employer deny me a job [ 2 Answers ]

years ago I was in a store with my step sister, as we were leaving we were stopped and taken to a room where they asked us what we had stolen. I didn't know what was going on anyway I guess my step sister had stolen underwear. They accused us of shop lifting and took our picture at the store gave...

I quit my job, now the employer will not pay me the 2 paychecks that I have coming [ 2 Answers ]

Relocated to Florida in Dec. of 08, and can't find the laws in re: to employer refusing to give me my paychecks. When I started the job, they held the first paycheck, so in the 2 months I worked there, I was paid once. Last Friday, was payday, and when they wouldn't give me my check that day, I...

H1B Employer not paying when there is no Job/Project [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am on H1B visa and I have finished my last project in Jan 2008 and have all the paystubs till Jan. My employer is not paying salary from Feb and they use to pay only when there is project. Now I want to transfer my visa to new employer and don't have latest paystubs. Can anyone please...

Was gone on maternity - employer not giving job back [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to find out if my sister has any rights to get her job back. She was gone on (unpaid) maternity leave. Her boss had told her she would get her job back afterwards, but now there is a new boss and she said she just hired 2 new employees so there is nothing open. Do they have to give...

Employer is requiring us to be on the job 5 minutes early [ 9 Answers ]

Is it legal practice to have an employer require you to be on the job 5 minutes early? If they require it, should they not pay us for it? They are threatening to write us up if we fail to do so. We are in a union shop, but the elected union officials have absolutely NO idea what is going on. My...

View more questions Search