Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marylou1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2011, 11:42 PM
    Can my boyfriends ex wife move to another state with their two boys?
    Can my boyfriends ex wife move to another state with their two boys ages 4 & 5 if my boyfriend and I have these boys every second weekend? My boyfriend pays child support every week plus we support the boys when we have them. The ex wife has lived 10 minutes away from us all the kids lives since my boyfriend's divorce now wants to move to another state. It will cost us a huge amount of money to try to see the boys, which she is not agreeing to paying any part of. Can she do this with no court orders in place?
    BelizeChikk Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2011, 11:49 PM
    Wow same thing is happening with me and my boyfriend his ex is trying to move to Cali with their daughter if u guys hear of this happening though u can take her to court and get her to either not move or have to help with thr travel
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 8, 2011, 04:23 AM

No your boyfriend is going to have to go to court and fight this. Anything without the courts stamp of approval would be crazy. At this point there is significant visitation taking place. He might want to ask for a custody change so the children remain and the move away parent is free to go.
    Also if the courts grant a move it would be up to the move away parent to pay the expenses for visitation otherwise it would be unreasonable.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 8, 2011, 04:50 AM

Why are there no court orders in place? You say this is an "ex-wife" so there had to have been a divorce proceeding. The divorce should have specified custody, visitation and support. It would be unusual if it didn't.

But if there are truly no court orders on visitation in place, then your boyfriend needs to file IMMEDIATELY with the local Family court to formalize the visitation order. Otherwise she can move and he will have to fight to get the children back.

By the way, you have no legal standing here. This has to be done by your boyfriend. You said; "my boyfriend and I have these boys...", but that's not accurate. Your boyfriend has the boys and you are just there. I know you are probably a part of their lives, but you need to realize that legally you have no standing in this matter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boyfriends... I really miss having a boys attention what do I do ? [ 4 Answers ]

I had a boyfriend for 1year and a half but he cheated on me and we ended last summmer but I'm starting to miss the attention . I have one guy who is like my best friend and he like likes me but I love him as a friend but everyone says I should go out with him but I don't want to loose him as a...

Wife wants to move to another state with our two small children if we separate [ 1 Answers ]

She's been living here for more than 8 years, but says her support system/family is in another state more than 6 1/2 hours away. I told her that she can keep the house, I just want to be able to be with my kids on a regular basis.

Can my still wife move my son out of state? [ 3 Answers ]

We live in California and we are still married and my son is six yrs old, she also has a 10 yr old who is not my biological daughter, we separated 11 months ago and now she told the kids she is moving in two weeks to Vegas. I don't know how to stop this from happening, I had an agreement with her...

Can wife move out of state with child after divorce and residency in state [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I are living in Ohio, have been residents for 9 months and have a 14 month old child. If we divorce and she would get custody, could she ever move out of the state

View more questions Search