Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    akitsos014 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2011, 06:14 PM
    How much is 27.6 grams gold chain worth?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2011, 06:16 PM

You left important information out.

There is NO answer as the question is presented.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2011, 06:17 PM

Hello a:

Depending on lots of different things, around $1,500 retail. You'll probably get $750, or less from a dealer.

excon
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2011, 06:19 PM

If its electroplate... ZERO (Recovery costs are in excess of the value of gold in the item). Depending on its carat rating anything in bettween. And THAT means everything... 10, 14, 18, 20, or the very unlikely 24 carat (too soft for chains).

Mar 7, 2011, 06:25 PM
    14k gold worth
    I have a 14k gold chain 24 inches length weighs 27.6 grams. I purchased this necklace at a jewelers for over a grand, was wondering what its worth as far as resale?

Mar 7, 2011, 06:27 PM
    My ring is marked 14KN WHAT IS THAT?
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2011, 06:37 PM

Site rules... ONE post per topic... try adding this info to your existing threads.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2011, 07:26 PM

Quote Originally Posted by akitsos014 View Post
    I have a 14k gold chain 24 inches length weighs 27.6 grams. I purchased this necklace at a jewelers for over a grand, was wondering what its worth as far as resale?
    Hello again, a:

I thought I would answer you over here to keep things straight...

Bummer, Dude. 14 karat is just over half gold. That means your chain is worth around $700 retail. You'll get about half that at a jewelry store.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 7, 2011, 07:45 PM

appears someone has merged the threads,

You can assume you lose at least 1/2 the value of a retail trying to sell it If you are trying to sell it to a dealer closer to 20 to 10 cents on the dollar is not unusual
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2011, 05:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    appears someone has merged the threads,

You can assume you lose at least 1/2 the value of a retail trying to sell it If you are trying to sell it to a dealer closer to 20 to 10 cents on the dollar is not unusual
    Yeah, there was... the OP rather than answer with additional details on the original post created another thread that I requested to be merged last night. THat was Post#5... and apparently they created a third after that post #6 that wasn't even around when I reported the other.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much is my gold chain worth? [ 2 Answers ]

My gold chain is 40 cm long and about 2 cm width. It is 9ct and I'm looking to sell it but would like to know how much it is worth. I don't have any scales so I don't know the weight at all. Thanks, barry

How much is a gold 45 worth [ 1 Answers ]

I have five gold 45's from different singers can you tell me how much they are worth

Gold chain sucked in washer [ 1 Answers ]

I accidentally washed some gold jewelry in the washer. Some did not go through because of their were a ring and bracelet. But the chain is gone. Is there any possibility that is still in my washer or has it been sucked out? I have a Roper, please help. Thank you very much.

Gold chain pricee [ 2 Answers ]

How much does anice gold chain cost at a jelewry store should I try to bargen down the price for the chain

View more questions Search