Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amour_amour363 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Jan 20, 2007, 09:05 AM
    Too young for weekly payments?
    I am 16. I wish to buy a exercise machine. I have set myself a limit of $500, but was wondering :rolleyes:

- Some stores offer weekly payments (what are they called?)
    - And am I eligible to do this seeing as I am under 18 years old?

shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2007, 09:19 AM
    In the United States, you cannot enter into a contract until you are 18. Stores would not even consider it. Even those info commericals state if you are under 18, do not call.

However, can you ask your parents to do this for you - giving them the money?

Good luck to you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 20, 2007, 09:52 AM
    Agreed in the US you can not do this, your parents can do it for you.

Best bet of all, save up the money first, then if you still want it, with 500 dollars in your hand, buy it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to calculate Taxes deducted from my weekly salary? [ 8 Answers ]

I am an employee, married and have 2 sons 15&10 years old…my whole hour salary is $9, I live in New York I want to know exactly how I can calculate the taxes deducted from my salary including the new one….. with example please Regards….

80's children's book Weekly reader [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for an old children's book I owned. It's about a girl whose best friend is a boy- for about the first chapter. They like playing Monopoly all day in the house when it's rainy. But over the summer he goes off, I think to camp, and starts to make other friends. Other boys. She is left...

About bi weekly mortgages [ 12 Answers ]

Just wondering if any one has had any experince with a biweekly type mortgage. We are getting ready to fill out some papers to start up that type of Mortgage. I know it would be cheaper to just pay the extra payment myself. That is what it works out to is paying an extra payment a year. But...

No taxes taken out on a weekly paycheck [ 2 Answers ]

My husband was told. Once or twice a year that one could request for No taxes to be taken out of your weekly paycheck. True or NOT? If one could do this what is it called? How does it work? Thank you LuAnn

Royalty Payments [ 0 Answers ]

A manufacturing is going to pay royalty payments each month to another company. What type of account should be set up for the royalty payments? Should it just be called royalty payments and be listed on the income statement as a deduction to sales?

View more questions Search