Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashishkumarrana Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2011, 10:44 PM
    Problems in the past
    Hello,

My name is Ashish, age 27 and a citizen of India. Right now I am working in an MNC company as a brand manager with a handsome package. I have my dad, Mom and a younger brother in my family and we belong to upper middle class family.

This was a brief description about myself and now I am going to tell you what made me to ask you for help.

Well, in those days I completed my teen and was running 22 years of age, we used to be a group of 4 friends. Every thing was going smooth unless in one sad day I found my name with picture in the local newspaper under the headline of, "Kidnapping of 4 girls". Yes the way right now you got stubbed is the same way I reacted.

To cut the story short, my mom used to be a close friend of a local school principal. Their friendship lasted for 3 months when we discovered that there occurred a misunderstanding between these 2 ladies. The principal was quite obvious to continue this enmity and for this she plotted a false scene of kidnapping with fake evidences of 4 girls, who were the student of the same school, forcing them to write the complaint letter against me stating that I used to blackmail these girls with their obscene pictures shooted through my cell. Well, at that time girls did the same what they were asked to do so and resulted me to spent my precious 6 month behind lockup, but later when the hearing was going on in the court and when those 4 girls completed their exams, they gave their statement in my favor that, it was the plot settled by the principal and the accused was innocent and that was me.

The principal lost her job and now I am out of the judicial custody since 6 year.
    Now the problem is, my past is coming into my future.

Let me explain, few days back I started having the conversation with this girl, "RIYA" with the intention of marriage, as we met each other in one of this matrimony portal. Now since we are talking from last 1 month, I decided to tell her about my past which I mentioned above. I trusted her and thought that she would understand the fact which I wanted to make her understand, but now she broke up explaining me the fact that her parents would never allow this relationship.

Yes, this was not only for the first time I faced rejections but before RIYA, there were many, who justified that there parents wouldn't agree, some justified that their future will not be secure with me and some, blah…blah…blah...

It doesn't matter to me if I don't marry to anyone but, I decided to get married just for my mother's sake, because I cannot go beyond her wishes and my marriage is one of the biggest wish she derives. I cannot tell my mom that I was dating few girls but later they dumped me, she'll again feel bad.

Dear reader(s), I request you to kindly show me the right way to make my life settle, and please suggest me for any change in my traits if you feel that change should be enlisted.

Thanks & Regards
    Ashish
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Mar 5, 2011, 08:17 AM
    If what you say is true, why is there no complete pardon, or expungement of the original conviction against you.

I assume that because you live in a democratic country, that this avenue is available to you.

All I can think of is, when this history comes up again, that you be better prepared. Have the proof available that the charges were dropped (hopefully you now have a clean record), and anything you can prove about the resulting conviction of the teacher. Be prepared and accept the fact that it is quite a story, and that you were in fact convicted of a serious crime. Anybody would need time to think about what you have said.

If you are completely clear of the past, legally, point out that the conviction will have no bearing on your ability to work, secure a bank loan, pass a police check, etc. Explain that in such a way that you were the victim of circumstances, and be prepared to back it up with legal documents.

I know that if I were dating someone, and was told this information, without any proof of what you are saying, I would have serious doubts about continuing the relationship.

On the other hand, if you can provide what you need, which you pretty much have to do as at some point it will likely come up anyway, and a potential mate still turns you away after knowing the real truth, then that person is not for you anyway.

Because these relationships you enter into are for the purpose of marriage, I would have all the information organized for anyone- girlfriend, her parents- to read through and understand.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get past the trap 18' past the overflow in the tub? [ 4 Answers ]

I have an auger, but can't seem to get past the trap located about 18" past the overflow. Do you have any suggestions?

Is it wrong that I can't get past my past? [ 2 Answers ]

I know that the past is the past and that is all it will ever be, but when the past is very hurtful to you, you can't just forget what people have done to you. Let me explain a little bit of what I am still having a hard time getting past... My whole life has been a very difficult time....

Past abuse issues have lead to sexual problems [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am looking for some advice and it seems many of you have had experienced abuse of some kind in the past. I have been physically, emotionally and sexually abused for many years and now as a more mature adult (30) I am finding that many of these experiences have made me really look at my...

Past marriage, future problems [ 4 Answers ]

I am 26 and I’ve been with my current girlfriend for the past year and a half. We have been living together for the past 4 months or so. We are perfect together, and I can see myself in this for the long haul. The hard part comes in accepting her past. I’ve known her for a long time, and about...

View more questions Search