Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elle366 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2011, 11:26 AM
    How do you keep rhinestones shiny after they have dulled a little?
    How do you keep rhinestones shiny after they have dulled a little?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 4, 2011, 12:04 PM

Where are the rhinestones located. It makes a difference as to how you clean them.

Tick
    unluckynut Posts: 294, Reputation: 23

Apr 19, 2011, 10:18 PM
    Get some good clear nail polish and apply to the rhinestones. It even works on your jewelry my opal seems dull I add a little polish, in time it comes off by itself.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 22, 2011, 02:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by unluckynut View Post
    get some good clear nail polish and apply to the rhinestones. It even works on your jewelry my opal seems dull I add a little polish, in time it comes off by itself.
    good suggestion about clear nail polish but absolutely would not use it on a real opal. It is a soft gemstone and porous, so you are damaging the opal effect. Opals are becoming quite rare now, there are several varieties, colours, and densities so you would not want to jeopardize a lovely opal's value by applying a chemical.

tick
    unluckynut Posts: 294, Reputation: 23

Apr 28, 2011, 11:14 AM
    Comment on tickle's post
    Thanks for the tip too!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get shiny shiny shoes! [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, my boyfriend recently joined the navy and is having a little trouble making his shoes look extra shiny again evry night, I wondered if anyone out there had any really good tips to shine shoes up good and new? I would be grateful for any help, thanks abbi-melissa x

Gluing rhinestones to fabric [ 2 Answers ]

What is the best glue to use to adhere rhinestones to fabric? I'm trying to embellish and plain tee but I've never done this before and I'd like it to look good and last. I was thinking glue from a hot glue gun but it seems like that would adhere to the fabric well but maybe not so well to the...

Cleaning dulled hardwood floors [ 2 Answers ]

I have a home with floors only about 7 years old. I used to have a cleaning lady who used vinegar and water only (at least that is what she said - it doesn't work for me) to make them shine. Can anyone recommend what to use to bring the shine back now -they are dull and look like they have...

Shiny Hair [ 22 Answers ]

Are there any home remedies for shiny hair that anyone can suggest?;)

Shiny hair [ 2 Answers ]

How can I make my hair really really shiney, without wahing it loads as my colour will fade? X

View more questions Search