Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dentalproblem1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2011, 11:00 PM
    Molar Gold Crown
    I have a gold crown that is bleeding at the contact side (tooth side by side tooth contact) it bleeds and is obvious, The dentist denies there is a problem. What do I do?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 3, 2011, 06:12 AM

Go to another dentist, get a second opinion. Is this a new crown?

Tick
    Jilldental Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Mar 4, 2011, 09:42 AM
    It sounds like this crown doesn't fit very well and is causing some periodontal issues. If he placed this crown he may not want to admit it fault? Also, if they do remove this crown make sure you ask for it! You could get some $$!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 4, 2011, 09:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jilldental View Post
    It sounds like this crown doesn't fit very well and is causing some periodontal issues. If he placed this crown he may not want to admit it fault? Also, if they do remove this crown make sure you ask for it! You could get some $$!
    I wouldn't necessarily say it isn't fitting well, but could just need some occlusion with the other molars to adjust the bite. Teeth aren't meant to be in like cement, but actually move around a bit. This particular tooth and crown are probably moving too much. Or possibly OP is noticing blood on the dental floss because he is not flossing properly.

All assumption without seeing what is going on. As far as the gold is concerned, at nearly $2500 to 3000 and ounce, I think the gold involved would be only a few grams, but still worthwhile keeping.

Tick
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2011, 05:39 PM
    Is food getting trapped between the crown and the next tooth? Is there a bad odour? Is there any sensitivity to cold or sweet?
    Floss daily and rinse with warm salt water, brush the area well twice a day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much is a crown for a molar [ 3 Answers ]

I had a root canal and I need a crown how much do they start any idea?

Root canal on molar with crown [ 5 Answers ]

I need a root canal on my tooth with a 3 month old crown. I was told it was possible to drill on the top of the tooth, perform the root canal,and then put in a permanent filling. Can this be done safely in one appt.

I just had a crown put and now my molar hurts every time I eat [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I had 4 teeth capped recently. One of the molars is really bothering me every time I eat. Root canal was not done nor were any x-rays done. This particular molar my dentist said the filling was overflowing and the dentin was exposed. The tooth was sensitive and hurt couple of times and...

Root Canal Through a Molar with a Gold Crown [ 4 Answers ]

Is it possible to have a root canal on a molar that has a gold crown and what are the possible complications? Should I use my regular dentist or a Endodontist? Thanks

View more questions Search