Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rmunro Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2011, 05:45 PM
    Can you serve court papers to your ex's girlfriend?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 1, 2011, 06:07 PM
    Please elaborate. Who is 'you' and what court papers about what, and why?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Mar 1, 2011, 06:10 PM
    Depends on the jurisdiction, but generally a process server can deliver the papers to anyone of suitable age and discretion living in the residence, and that would constitute valid service of process. So if the service was at the ex's home, if the GF is living with the ex, and if she is not a small child, probably so.
    mandybaldwin Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Mar 13, 2011, 01:08 PM
    Not if its for your ex. Unless he writes something probibly stateing that she will be representing him but even then I doubt it you can get someone else to deliver them to your ex though it's a hundred buck for a lawyer or just get a friend but they have to give them to him. I met my ex at a bar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 13, 2011, 02:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mandybaldwin View Post
    not if its for your ex. unless he writes something probibly stateing that she will be representing him but even then i doubt it you can get someone else to deliver them to your ex though its a hundred buck for a lawyer or just get a friend but they have to give them to him. i met my ex at a bar
    Without knowing where the OP you cannot state what the rules of service are. Especially if you don't know what the court action is about.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where to serve small claims court papers to bank of america? [ 6 Answers ]

I am wanting to serve Bank of America papers. I am going to sue them in small claims court and need to know what address to give. I live in Kansas and I think someone I spoke to gave me a legal dept address in Topeka but then again I have been given 4 different addresses

Can I proceed with the divorce if he won't serve me the papers? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been separated from soon to be ex for over a year. He filed for divorce in January, but won't serve me the papers. I have tried to contact his attorney since I'm being served papers about division of assets. The only assests we have is the home we bought right before he left. I would like to...

Can you fool someone to serve them papers? [ 11 Answers ]

If you have a third party build a rapport and convince someone they are expecting a package in the mail with business they are anxious to get, can you instead serve them their papers to your small claims suit against them, using certified mail or Fed Ex with signature to verify delivery?

Can't serve order to show cause papers to ex. [ 4 Answers ]

My husband has hired an attorney and her process server was not able to serve the ex girlfriend papers so he can visit with his 2 boys- then we hired sheriffs and the tried 5 times at her work and also could not serve her because her work said she no longer worked there or that she wasn't at...

How to find contractor to serve court papers in Michigan [ 10 Answers ]

PLEASE HELP! I have been in a dispute with this roofing contractor for two years now. I really regret not taking him to court when I knew where he lived. He has since moved. I reported him to the state for bad workmanship. They don't seem to have trouble sending him mail at his new address. I filed...

View more questions Search