Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    renepineda Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2007, 02:43 PM
    Huge medical debt
    Hello Everyone.
    I Recently Had Surgery (gallblatter Removed) My Insurance Did Not Cover My Hospital Bill Nor Will It Cover The Doctors Bills. My Credit Is Bad . I Am Divorced , Child Support Is $1000.00 Monthly I Only Earn $2300.00.

The Bill Is Apprx. $67000.00. All I Can Pay A Month Is $100.00. How Much Of A Problem Are They Going To Give Me. Should I Leave The Country.
    Please Give Me Some Advise.

Sincerely
    Rene
    KMSRyana Posts: 142, Reputation: 26

Jan 19, 2007, 02:53 PM
    No, you shouldn't leave the country. Pesonally I would consider filing for bankruptcy if I were in your shoes, it may be your only real solution. If you can only pay $100 a month, it would take you almost 56 years to pay off the debt... too long.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 19, 2007, 03:35 PM
    First why did your insurance not cover it, if you have even basic hospital coverage part of it would be covered.

Next normally most hosptials will turn this over to a collection agency and I am not sure 100 a month will even cover the interest on the amount once it goes to collection, so if you are paying 100 a month it is possible you are not even paying on the balance.

Honestly you need to talk to the hospital about a hardship, there are policies in many hospitals they never talk about that allow or even require them to write off debts that people can not pay, ( i.e. homeless, jobless and so on)

In the end bankruptcy is a answer to this also
    cpmeme55 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2007, 03:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by renepineda
    Hello Everyone.
    I Recently Had Surgery (gallblatter Removed) My Insurance Did Not Cover My Hospital Bill Nor Will It Cover The Doctors Bills. My Credit Is Bad . I Am Divorced , Child Support Is $1000.00 Monthly I Only Earn $2300.00.

The Bill Is Apprx. $67000.00. All I Can Pay A Month Is $100.00. How Much Of A Problem Are They Going To Give Me.? Should I Leave The Country.?
    Please Give Me Some Advise.

Sincerly
    Rene
    I had the same surgery and NO insurance so I talked to accounting at the hospital and was honest with them, I said there is no way I can pay. They wrote is off as a hardshp case.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Huge debt [ 7 Answers ]

Hi. I'm posting this message on behalf of my father. We live in a three-person household in the U.S. Without our previous knowledge, he had thoughtlessly run up a $145,000 debt--getting him to 'fess up this figure was not an easy task. (By the way, he's retired, mom's still working, and I work as...

HUGE Mistake [ 6 Answers ]

I was seeing this guy for a while and recently I told him that I think we should just be friends. We had only gone on one date. Now I want to to go back out with him. I called him to tell him this. He said he was busy and he was going to call me back. This was over a week ago. Should I call him...

I need huge help! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm making a project for my school and I need to know some things about electrical subjects. 1- what's a 1900 box? 2- what's a j box? 3- what's EMT? 4- how many general circuits in a residential kitchen, what size wire, and how many amps per circuit? 5- if you found a yellow, orange, or...

They took my car over an unpaid medical debt [ 5 Answers ]

My son broke his arm shortly after I lost my job and I didn't have insurance. I ended up owing an orthapedic doctor $800.00. They ended up having attorneys call me and harrass me for money. I was currently getting unemployment and didn't have the extra money to pay the bill at that time. They ended...

Huge Legs [ 2 Answers ]

HI EVERY ONE My problem is that I have a verrrrry big leg they are huge they were not like this before ? I am walking dayly for 1 hour What your a device to me?

View more questions Search