Ask
    Speigal Posts: 36, Reputation: 2

Feb 25, 2011, 12:12 PM
    Existence of God
    How do people prove to themselves there is a God
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 25, 2011, 12:39 PM
    Some will argue about what is meant by proof.
    Others say that the whole idea of faith is that you don't require proof.
    Others will just wave their arms and say look at the universe and how enormous and awesome it is, so that's 'proof' to them.
    People throughout the ages have tried to come up with scientific proof, most if not all of it very comical and absurd.
    Some work to prove that there is no God.
    Others go through extremes of good fortune or tragedy and just want to believe in God without worrying about proof.
    Given the rigorous definitions of proof in science, you can't prove the existence of God.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 25, 2011, 12:41 PM

They don't. There is no proof.

Feb 25, 2011, 01:17 PM
    Comment on joypulv's post
    Thank you for your answer, it has been very helpful
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2011, 03:32 PM
    God proves himself to you, after all none of this is about what you can achieve
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 26, 2011, 04:43 PM

How do you prove the sky is Blue or that there is air. It is because we know it is.

Feb 27, 2011, 10:34 AM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    The sky is blue because of the elements in the apmosphere - We know there is air because we can feel it and breathe it - with God the only things there are, are only holy books whivh were written by men
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 27, 2011, 11:34 AM

It all comes down to faith and trust -- no proof, just personal experience and evidence.

Think about it. You're seven years old and had climbed into the sycamore tree in the back yard. Your mean sister moved the ladder, so now you're stuck. You start to cry and even begin screaming. Your new neighbor hears you and comes over to help.

"Jump into my arms," he says. "I'll catch you."

You look down at him. He looks strong, but will he really be able to catch you and hold onto you if you jump? He doesn't know you, and you don't know him. Can you trust him?

Just then your dad drives into the driveway, home from work. As he gets out of his car, he hears your screams and comes running into the back yard. He reaches up with a big smile and says, "Jump. I'll catch you."

Whom do you trust and have faith in? Why?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Specific proof of God's existence [ 104 Answers ]

I've spent much of today reading post about the word "know" vs the word belief. I've always thought the word "know" was thrown around too loosely. For example. I BELIEVE that my dog in the next room is still breathing. I would not KNOW it, unless I went to him and saw his chest rise, etc. ...

I need a proof for existence of GOD [ 78 Answers ]

I've lots of Ideas about God and his existence, but still I'm confused about some factors for proving his existence and got some questions which sounds logical, for this I've decided to know about your ideas, please if you believe in God or not, give me your reasons about it!

Science Vs. Religion (GOD) continued: GOD created man in his own image. [ 145 Answers ]

K, so we can argue till the cows come home, about this but there is a lot of good feed back from the last one I had, I like to hear others ideas. I"m going to simplify this one though, to avoid loosing the topic. Lets go with the idea that some scientific professionals believe that...

View more questions Search