Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mimi72 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2011, 11:37 AM
    I would like some history on westinghouse stock prices.
    My mother had a few shares purchased on May 6, 1976. The stocks were transferred to me on
    May 3, 1979. I sold 25 shares of CBS on 10-28-2010, for $17.3411 I received $433.53 minus fees. Need to know prices for tax purposes. I also sold 25 shares of Viacom stock for $38.15. I got $953.75 when I sold them on 11-30-2010, minus fees. I would appreciate your help on how to figure out losses or gains.
    Thank you,
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 24, 2011, 11:57 AM

According to this thread:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/invest...ry-269177.html

To determine your cost basis for the two stocks you allocate 60% of your Westinghouse basis to your Viacom shares and 40% to CBS. But I suggest calling Viacom and/or CBS investor relations to check:

CBS Corporation | Investor Relations | Corporate History/Actions

To report your sale you will need to know your original cost basis in Westinghouse, which is what your mother paid back in 1976. Do you have that information?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Westinghouse Electric History [ 2 Answers ]

What is the corporate action history of Westinghouse Electric stock. I am trying to calculate the adjusted stock basis for CBS and viacom in order to sell.

Former Westinghouse stock history [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone help w/ the history of the Westinghouse Electric stock from when they became public to today? TY. M

Westinghouse Electric Corporation Stock Price History [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for the Westinghouse Electric Corporation Stock Price on the following dates: May 4, 1984 May 5, 1990

Westinghouse Common Stock [ 1 Answers ]

Does any one know the value of Westinghouse Common Stock or know were I may find this info. thank you.

View more questions Search