Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Windycitystar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2011, 11:08 PM
    Need Advice... Crushing Hard on Lesbian Woman
    I'm 35 year old divorced female who has dealt with mostly hetero relationships all my life, however I have been with a few women over the years so I guess if I had to label myself it would be Bi. Almost a month ago, I visited a good friend of 20 years out of state and stayed with her and her friend. She moved there a few months ago and is living with a good friend of hers who happens to be a lesbian. Over the course of the weekend her friend and I exchanged long moments of eye contact and she put her arm around me a few times. I had dreams about her while I was there and instantly became intrigued with her. I'm still trying to figure out what it was about her that intrigued me so much! She didn't hang out with me and my friend because she was dealing with the death of a love one. Before I left for the airport she asked for my number. I didn't expect to hear from her but she texted me that night and asked did I make it home safely and feel free to call her anytime. At first, she would text me like every 2 days or so but now she has started contacting me everyday asking how I'm doing and has invited me to come down to North Carolina very soon! For some reason I can't stop thinking about her. I'm not sure if she likes me or if she's just being friendly and also I have to consider that she's the friend of one of my best friends so I'm not sure if I should attempt to find out if she does or not, I'm positive this woman doesn't know I've been with women before but did tell my firend I gave her the eye, I'm just not sure if she likes me she called and offered to visit me and it seems as if she goes from being flirty to acting like a platonic friend so I'm confused and starting to think that maybe I misread her actions... what do you think?
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Feb 22, 2011, 06:05 AM

I'll be honest. The only way to really know what she is thinking is to ask her. Anything short of getting the words from her leads to even more confusion.

If you like her and want to get to know her better and she is not in a current relationship (or just out of one), ask her what she thinks. Take time to get to know one another and see if dating is an option or if it might be the beginning of a good friendship.

If you are concerned about your friendship, then talk to your friend and be open with her. Are they friends and house-mates or is there more to their relationship?

Another concern is that she just lost a loved one. Could she be looking at a new relationship as a way to handle her grief? I ask simply because grieving can affect people in many different ways.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Completely love struck with this straight woman and I'm a lesbian... what to do? [ 8 Answers ]

I met this woman (not knowing her orientation and she's a visitor from another country for the summer) in a queer neighborhood... so I assumed she was a queer and she knew I was queer. I invited her to dinner and she agreed. We hit it off great at dinner and then we went for coffee and dessert...

Advice for a young woman involved with a man that may or may not be leading her on? [ 6 Answers ]

I'm seeing a guy that I have known for four years. We were just friends up until June of this year, because either one or both of us had been in committed relationships the entire time before that. He lives in Boston, and I currently live in Tampa - but I spent the summer staying with a friend in...

I am a lesbian but attracted to a straight woman [ 8 Answers ]

I am a 31yr old lesbian, I have become extremely attracted to a straight co-worker and friend of mine. She has admitted to having a sexual experience with a woman years ago, we work out and hang out a lot I've even spent the night with her more than once. I can't stop thinking about if I should...

My new man is finding it hard I'm a stripper, need advice [ 32 Answers ]

I’m a stripper and I've spent the last couple of years working away dancing as a stripper in the big strip clubs around the world, amazing job as I’ve got to travel and meet amazing people doing this. I’m 24 and been dancing since I was 19, I done all my college in business but changed my mind...

Can a straight woman fall for a lesbian? [ 25 Answers ]

I'm a 24 year old lesbian and I am in like with a straight woman. We work for the same company but in different departments. When we're among other people she has made comments such as; "actually me an *insert my name* have alot in common, if I were a lesbian she would be mine" Since then we have...

View more questions Search