Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    tryshie's Avatar
    tryshie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jan 18, 2007, 02:53 PM
    I need help!
    Hi. My name is Trish and I'm interested in opening up a Children's Day Care Centre, and I was wondering what sort of licenses, regulations and insurance apply to this type of business? And if possible I would very much like to know the costs of each and how I can obtain them. I have looked everywhere online and this was the only place that seemed to be of any assistance so if there's anyone who can help me that would be greatly appreciated!


    stateofontario's Avatar
    stateofontario Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jan 18, 2007, 03:56 PM
    How much hours are in a day?
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,292, Reputation: 7691

    Jan 18, 2007, 08:18 PM
    VLet me see, there are State Dept of Health regulations and license
    There will be city and/or county busienss license. You will have to have your kitchen area inspected and approved by the board of health.

    There are laws on the number of staff per child in various age groups, and laws about the required education level of certain staff members.

    You will have to have specific type of safety and health equipment, training on staff on blood and air borne pathagons, you will have to have a tax ID and an employes ID. You will have to have written policies on what to do with sick children, hurt children, and disabled children,
    There are federal laws that require day care centers to accept disabled children with same level of care as other children.

    And this is just to start.

    You can start with your State Dept of Heath and their rules and regs
    tryshie's Avatar
    tryshie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jan 20, 2007, 10:35 AM
    All right thank you :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search