Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlberry Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2011, 11:48 AM
    New hot water heater leaks, fittings do not leak, have reduced water supply pressure.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2011, 12:04 PM

Where is it leaking from?

If leaking from bottom of tank the inner glass liner is broken and tank has to be replaced.

If leaking from overflow valve, located on side of tank near top, replace valve. U will have to shut off water supply and drain part of tank.

If leaking from drain valve, located at bottom of tank, replace valve. U will have to shut off water supply and drain tank.

See image.

Chuck
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water Heater Supply Leak [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I have a 40 gallon Water heater that is approximately 11 years old. The supply lines have started to pool water in the recessions and then trickle down the tank. This just started. Before I used to hear the tank bubble when I would turn on the washing-machine. What do you suggest I do? I...

Hot water heater supply connections [ 15 Answers ]

I have an 30 year old 50 gallon gas hot water heater that still works OK, but I know eventually I will have to replace it. I can't believe it is still working, but it is and produces plenty of hot water. It can't last forever and I want to be ready to replace it quickly when the time comes, so I...

Shutting off hot water heater and main water supply [ 2 Answers ]

I recently purchased a cabin that has well water and a hot water heater that is run off the oil furnace. I shut off the well tank when I left but forgot to shut off the hot water heater. Does anyone know if I can damage the heater by having the main water shut off and leaving the water heater on?

Water Supply to Hot Water Heater [ 1 Answers ]

If I turn off the water supply to the hot water heater, do I need to turn off the water heater?

Hot water heater union fittings [ 1 Answers ]

I am taking out a 50 gallon hot water heater and replacing it with a tankless. The first problem is taking out the old tank. It does not have a typical union at both the hot and cold water pipes. It looks like a fitting which can be rotated and both ends should rotate out. I have never used this...

View more questions Search