Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sueamor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2011, 10:14 AM
    Can I sue for pain & suffering from my housemate, his actions caused me a lot stress
    I have a room mate whom I have given a month's notice to move out, after the notice, he has become very rude towards me & my family he even threatened me and he smokes marijuana everyday, I'm really scared for my life cause ever since this happened, I can't sleep at night and it has affected my job, he provoked my dad twice and made threatening regards saying he has a gun, he comes home everyday in the early hours and very high. He has disrupted my peace, I'm always crying & doing mistakes at work cause of the stress he is causing me. & I'm scared to go to work & come back to my house cause he knows where I work & how & what time I get to work. Can I sue him for pain & suffering
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2011, 10:53 AM

In a civil case maybe... but not in small claims court... and its going to cost money... lawyers cost money and if he doesn't have any... good luck collecting.

If his name is on the lease... you can't make him leave until the lease ends. But you can tip the police off to his drugs and drug use... being careful to not bee there when they come... assuming they come.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2011, 11:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sueamor View Post
    Can I sue him for pain & suffering
    Hello Sue:

You can't sue over being insulted or smoking pot.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I sue for pain and suffering in small claim court [ 19 Answers ]

I lost my bank card and someone used it for about $850.00. The bank refused to refund the money and gave me no valid reason. I filed complaints with the BBB and the Comptroller of the Currency. They couldn't do anything about it. I'm about to sue them in Small Claim court. Since I'm very low...

Sue a bank for pain and suffering [ 1 Answers ]

The bank said I owed them over 16k for an account that was closed. Then a outside collection bought the account and found me not liable for the balance but Chase won't remove me off Chexsytems even after the letter I have from then stating that they will remove me. It has caused too much stress...

In small claims court how much can you sue for pain and suffering in the state of il [ 6 Answers ]

I am in a situation where a man that I thought loved me convinced me to move out of state leaving my friends, family, job, and my home to be with him. Within a month of me moving and preparing to find work, he decides to move out within in a month of moving in the house without notice to go and...

Can I sue a man that broke into my parents house for pain and suffering? [ 13 Answers ]

Someone broke into my parents home by breaking a window. While cleaning up the mess, my husband cut his wrist on the glass. He tore through the tendon and nerve. He is unable to work and has months of therapy to go through. Is there any way to sue the guy that broke into the house?

Small claims in IL for accident-can I sue for pain and suffering and how much? [ 3 Answers ]

I was in an accident almost 2 years ago and got hit head on by a drunk driver. Hurt my wrist and was out of work for 2 months. He refuses to pay for my lost wages and I want them back. I was wondering if I can also sue for pain and suffering and for how much?

View more questions Search