Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    addy Posts: 207, Reputation: 6

Jan 17, 2007, 04:26 PM
    Am I a Bad friend?
    Okay,
    My friend and I are the only unpopular people on the A basketball team.Everytone else is a popular girl.Okay, the problem is, is that I have been accepted as a at least a person they aren't rude to because I have been playing with them since we were little but not like a best friends just a friend on the outside but they are nice to my other friend but I have started to notice that she can be really annoying.I really hate talking about people especially on the sports topic but I am not saying I am the best at basketball but sometimes she doesn't do things right but atfirst I thought hey everyone makes mistakes but sometimes they vcan be avoided.Like she always throws the ball really hard to the other teamates.I know at most times you are supposed to throw it hard to get it there but even when they are 3feet apart she throws wayyy to hard.I think she is just trying to prove herself as a person who deserves to be on the team but people have told me that they can't touch her passes and that since I am her closest friend on the team so maybe I could say something to her.Okay so I said something to her and her response was"well they just don't know how to catch".Then she would not shoot with her right hand on right handed layups and this one girl said something to her about it , then later she told me that sonso shoudn't have said anything because it doesn't matter as long as she makes it.Well, she always misses it . Okay, so now she has been acting really annoying on the court, and for the end of the season one of the girls decided to host a slumberparty and they have told me they don't want to invite my other friend to it and tjhat they are sorry but they are afraid she will start drama there but they want me to come.She is a nice person, but on the court, she justs acts like she is better than everyone else and we are tired of it.But I kind of feel bad because she has a lot of siblings and a lot of the team decided to order these tshirts that say our team on them.OKay, it was optional, butr I ordered one anyway because we were going to wear them on game days but they cost 12$bucks and she didn't buy one but no one bothered her about her not having a shirt because we aren't like that.Then Later one of the girls moms got a nother tshirt and my mom ordered one and I didn't know that my mom ordered one for me but she did then one of the girls asked me to follow her to the locker room and my other friend wouldn't leave so she saw her give it to me and she was all wheres mine and I was like did you order one?she didn't but to be nice I didn't even wear the shirt so she wouldn't feel bad.
    Back at practice she kept throwing the ball to my feet and which made me reach down and take an extra step on the drill which kept making me mess up and have to run for it and I asked her nicely back inline if she could throw it just a little higher because it was making me to far under the basket.Then she just starts lobbing it to high over my head on purpose.Well ,we are getting tired of her superstar act.Am I a bad friend to feel this way?
    LittleMermaid27 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2007, 09:58 AM
    I wouldn't say you're a bad friend for feeling this, because this is how you feel and you can't help how you feel. She obviously isn't taking the game seriously, so perhaps you could ask her if she really is serious about being on this basketball team. You should tell her that she acts different on the pitch, and that her actions are affecting the rest of the team. She should understand this, and if she really isn't serious about that game she may back down. Make sure you tell her that it isntaffecting your freindship, no matter what happens!

Hope this helps

Xx
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2007, 11:36 AM
    You need to let her know how you feel.
    addy Posts: 207, Reputation: 6

Jan 21, 2007, 11:42 AM
    Thanks, but she does love basketball.I know this for a fact.She justs thinx she is a head of everybody,that's all.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2007, 11:44 AM
    Maybe it is time to set her in her place, but in a nice way. If you do not do it, somebody else will. Maybe it will be more appreciated coming from a friend.

Joe
    pikachufannumber1 Posts: 98, Reputation: 6

Oct 30, 2007, 05:48 PM
    Your not a bad friend. She isn't either. Your just going through a tough time. Invite her over for a sleep over and talk it out. Find out what's bothering her then next time you meet up with the other girls talk to them about the problem or do the sleepover thing cept tell them what was bothering her and see if they can stop what they are doing or be nicer or fix it. If its not good advice then I am srry. I am in a different situation but a stressful one none the less so my advice might not be as good as it could be.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My friend has really bad Body Odour! [ 10 Answers ]

my friend has really bad body odour, she doesnt use deodorant only perfumey type body mist like impulse etc. my friends & i have been trying to tell her for ages, finally i did in science yesterday, i wrote her a note and as decreetly as i could i wrote: b, alot of people have been noticing that...

Bad luck, bad karma, or bad self-esteem? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently heard once again a comment I've heard many, MANY times over the past several years: "You and your husband have worse luck than anyone else I know!" and I have one question: "Why is that?" You see, just about the time we get to the point we can manage to keep up on all our monthly...

I have a friend [ 7 Answers ]

OK here's the story! David is married and he is been separated for about 8 months and his wife has their daughter in califorina and she won't let david see his daughter So he is just filing for a divorce now and he wantshis daughter half the year until she starts going to school and then...

Friend poached another friend! Advice? [ 11 Answers ]

I had never had this feeling before, but last summer I felt like one of my friends was poaching another, as in they were going to be friends with each other INSTEAD of me, not in addition to me. A series of events happened in a few days (friend #1 supposed to come early to help with my...

Good Friend Gone Bad [ 2 Answers ]

I'm very particular about my friendships, and as a college student have only one real female friend at school. I've been studying abroad and about two months ago my friend emailed me reminding me to sign up for Fall Housing. I have always had a single dormroom, and didn't think otherwise. But in...

View more questions Search