Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    irish87 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2011, 12:06 PM
    Fraud Under 5000,00, what will happen
    I had been working for a temp agency and when I stopped working the company did not tell the temp agency that I had quit so I continued submitting my weekly time sheets (with fake signature of supervisor) so I would be paid. This happened for 5 weeks and I received approx $2200.00.
    I haven't been charged with fraud yet however I am extremely worried that the temp agency is going to take this to the police.
    I am in my early 30's and I have never had any issues with the police in my life.
    As a first time offender I am just wondering if this does go to court what can I expect. Is is possible to go to jail for a long time?
    Thanks for any responses.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2011, 12:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by irish87 View Post
    Is is possible to go to jail for a long time?
    Thanks for any responses.
    Hello I:

It IS, although I doubt you'll go for a LONG time. If you want to mitigate the sanctions, hire a lawyer.

excon
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2011, 12:13 PM

I would expect to be charged. Have you paid the money back?

You will probably be fined and put on probation UNLESS there is part of a scheme involving several people.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have been charge for fraud under 5000 and utter a fraud documents, [ 4 Answers ]

I have been charge with fraud under 5000 and utter fraud documents,the police said that I transfer a car into someone name with out there permision.I told them I had the car selling and a family friend wanted it to buy, so we agree on a price they told me to transfer the car in there name and ...

Theft and Fraud under $5000, what's the worst that can happen? [ 1 Answers ]

I am being charged with theft and fraud under $5000. The total amount of goods stolen was around $1500. I am an adult with no previous criminal history. I can't afford legal aid as I just manage to pay the bills, and am currently being helped by a student lawyer. He said I might be able to apply...

Fraud Less than 5000 [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a 24 Y/O. with no prior arrest and clean driving record. I was contacted by a Police investigator because an ex employer had placed a complaint again me. She requested that I get to the police station (she gave me an appointment) where she told me I would be arrested for Fraud. (All...

Theft under 5000$ what will happen? [ 3 Answers ]

I have recently been convicted of stealing two bottles of pills from a pharmacy and I have been summand to go to court in ontario it is theft and possession under 5000$ I have an upcoming trip to egypt and I want to know if having a criminal record will affect me being able to go on my trip I also...

Fraud, that never happen [ 3 Answers ]

I have been told that seven (7) year ago I committed fraud, I was on welfare, my child and I and living with my Father and paying rent . Now welfare are saying is was fraud. I was never arrested or is court for anything. What is the Statute of Limitations in Ontario for fraud

View more questions Search