Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Techman988 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2011, 11:32 AM
    My dilemma about a female co-worker I like
    OK,

This girl I like is a co-worker, she has a boyfriend, on and off 5 years (currently dating now)
    She's 24 and I'm 22.

I have just met this girl like 5 months ago when she got hired on at my job, we finally started hanging out after like the 4th month.

Over time and talking with her I actually got to like this girl and she liked talking to me, so we decided to hang out, and after we did that we became close friends in the short time we've known each other

After talking with her and getting to know her, I started actually liking her more than a friend, and I have admitted this to her (she prefers truth and as far as I know openness) she told me on both occasions (first was text to find someone else) and second time was in person, and the second result was "my feelings towards you are just friends, sorry" and were still good friends as far as I know.

Now the boyfriend,

She has told me that this guy she's going out with doesn't want a serious relationship and wants time for himself, as far as I know, he rarely talks to her, never is available to her (only I think on select days) and he ends up asking her to stay the night at his place.

She claims she is annoyed by his behavior because he is "training and working" most of his time and is giving her little to no time for her, he has already lied about his drug use (albiet just pot but still) I think this guy is just using her and doesn't care about her (or isn't caring about her like he should)

What should I do?
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Feb 11, 2011, 11:41 AM

Check this guide out for insights: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dating...ip-463250.html

You've already told you how you felt, so there isn't much you can do anymore. She already made it clear that she only sees you as a friend. So regardless of how bad her current relationship is, even if they break up, she might not even want to be with you.

She already told you to find someone else as well. It's obvious that she sees you as a good friend and a shoulder to cry on. We often mistaken friendliness as something more when we have feelings for that person. Furthermore, when we have feelings for that person, we tend to twist their words and actions into thinking that they might have feelings for us too.

Unfortunately she message is loud and clear. It's whether you can accept it so that you can move on with your life.
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2011, 02:45 PM

You do NOTHING!! You have made her aware of your feelings, she rejected them. So move on and find a woman who wants to be with you besides being a "FRIEND".

Keep to a working relationship. Stop hanging around so much, it may appear to her that your waiting around for crumbs from her. Just because she doesn't want you for anything more then "Friend" doesn't mean she won't keep you hooked so she can use you for a sounding board!!

Take care
    robinad Posts: 86, Reputation: 8

Feb 17, 2011, 03:53 AM
    I would stop hanging out with her so much. She knows how you feel, and she is using YOU as her emotional boyfriend. She has him for all the other stuff and you for all the friend stuff. This is not fair to you. She probably doesn't even know she's doing it. I'd move on to another friendship/girl that might have something come from it. Sorry it's the truth. She's chasing after that guy thinking she can change him, or he'll change for her because she is delusional. People never change for others, only themselves and even then that's shaky at best.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2011, 04:25 AM

If you told her how you felt, and she said, "no." That's it. There's nothing more you can do. If you want to keep her as a friend only, then fine. However, if you're staying as a friend holding onto hopes that she'll one day dump the guy for you, or you two will have some magical romantic night, then I suggest you stay away.

Imagine this. Say that she dumps her, and gets with you. And then, another coworker who is just a "friend" keeps hanging out with her, told her how he felt, and even when she said, "No, I have a boyfriend; you're just a friend," kept hanging around with hopes that she dumps you, how would you feel?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 20, 2011, 08:32 PM

Take the hint that she doesn't want you as anything but a friend, so don't make a pest of yourself by thinking you can change her mind.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I ask a female co worker to brush her teeth without being rude? [ 5 Answers ]

So i work with this female as clerks and we work with a lot of senior members of an organization, so we must present ourselves professionally at all times, we must also talk and answer any questions about a package or upcoming presentation to other senior member from other companies, and its always...

Soc Worker argued with my boyfriend, he filed complaint, Worker now says he is unsafe [ 1 Answers ]

DCFS Worker is accusing my boyfriend of being abuse and threatening to take action about 'the children's situation' because the Worker herself started an argument with him and he argued back. The very idea of abuse is absurd. DCFS removed my Ex's visitation rights this summer. I am the...

My Female co-worker! [ 8 Answers ]

I have been working for almost a year and half, and I there's that co-worker who used to be my brother's friend, she was happy when I was assigned in the same department. Now since I started my job she's been really nice with me, but in the same time, she gets shy when she talks to me, and I do too...

Setting up care worker or support worker agency [ 5 Answers ]

I will like to know the requirements for setting up care worker or support worker agency. Thanks

View more questions Search