Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rosa56 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2011, 06:37 AM
    Do you get a 1099 r when you take a loan of 401?
    I took a loan from my 401 and I'm paying it every two weeks, My question is Im supposed to get 1099R for the loan I took and do I need to report it on my taxes.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 9, 2011, 08:04 AM

No. If you are current on paying the loan then you should not have received a 1099-R. Does it show the full amount of your loan, and what does the form list for the distribution code in box 7?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I get a 401 K loan or Home Equity loan [ 4 Answers ]

I owe about $ 25,000 on various credit cards with interest ranging from 17 % to 30 %. I am barely able to make the minimum payments. In addition, I owe $14,000 ($ 500 a month) on the car with 7 % and 3 years to go. Because I have bad credit, I was able to get one bank to offer me a Home Equity...

What if I did not receive a 1099, hubby lost job and cashed 401, but no 1099 received [ 2 Answers ]

Husband lost job, received 401 money,they held out taxes ,but we have not received a 1099,I already e filed our taxes

401-k loan and taxes due [ 1 Answers ]

If you take a hardship loan out of your 401-k and pay taxes at the time of loan, do you still get a 1099

Re-paying 401 (k) loan [ 8 Answers ]

I am not that smart with money, here is proof: I had credit cards loans and other, so I took a loan out of my 401 (k). I am currently paying it plus the regular deposit on it. I still have twenty thousand to go in order to finish the payment on my 401 (k). I want to try another job, I know...

View more questions Search