Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KristinaRimes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2011, 09:47 AM
    Discovery
    I am trying to find out who called the police on my girlfriend. I spoke to an officer and she said that I should be able to go online and find out by putting in her name and googling it under discovery, but I am having trouble.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2011, 09:54 AM

Why isn't HER lawyer doing this...
    THey may have a right under discovery but you don't because you aren't involved in the case.

Besides... what you asked makes absolutely no sense... much less who you said told you to do it.

This sounds highly suspicious.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2011, 10:10 AM

Accident reports are available if you are a party to an accident. Reports to the Police are (in general) not available to the public - or to the involved parties for that matter.

It keeps the person reporting something from being stalked by the person who was reported.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2011, 03:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KristinaRimes View Post
    I spoke to an officer and she said that I should be able to go online and find out by putting in her name and googling it under discovery, but I am having trouble.
    Hello K:

Of course, you're having trouble... Like MOST cops, she has NO idea what she's talking about.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Motion for discovery [ 11 Answers ]

I am representing myself in court for a DUI I got. Do I need to do a motion for discovery to see if there were any witnesses or to get the police report?

Discovery Motion [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for samples of discovery motions. Do you have any recommendations? Thank you. emurer

What is a motion of discovery [ 1 Answers ]

What is a motin of discovery. What are my rights in having it?

Letter of Discovery [ 1 Answers ]

How do I write a letter of discovery to the benton county prosecutors office to get information on a dui case?

View more questions Search