Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angelicaflorine Posts: 17, Reputation: 8

Jan 29, 2011, 08:01 AM
    I believe I am being haunted by a demon or an incubus.
    This is probably going to sound lame. In fact, I have a hard time believing it too. I'm twenty four years old. When I was 16 I dabbled in witch craft stuff, which may have stuck with me. I never summoned demons, but in fact did protection kind of spells and stuff like that. However, once I decided that I wanted to channel. I got into a trance, did a protection spell and started seeing a black figure. This black figure HORRIFIED me to the point that I snapped out of my trance, in fetal position and sobbing wildly. I have never looked back into the occult since because this experience terrified me so.

However, since then I have had increasingly bad luck to which my defense has always been my intuition. I think I have some psychic ability, but it's mostly about myself. I dream the future and have this ability to know what's going to happen for myself ahead of time.

Once, I was laying in bed when I lived with my mom (twenty two/three years old) and my room was dead quiet. Suddenly, I heard fidgeting on my desk. I felt it get closer to me, but it never touched me. I sat straight up, bolted to my light and opened my Bible.

Since then, I moved into my own apartment and now I can feel something watching me ALL of the time. It's behind me all of the time and I can feel it even reading my screen. I ask it to stop watching me and it does for a little while.

One night my boyfriend and I were talking in my bed and my dog got wild-eyed. She was staring into my closet, that was opened, and she was frozen. She wouldn't move. She just kept staring. After several minutes of her staring into my closet, I finally said, "I know you're here. I feel you watching us. I know you're watching us, but you're scaring us. So please, stop." It did and my dog went back to normal. After a few minutes, something creaked in my closet. My bathroom closet usually hangs open, but sometimes I can hear it open.

Another occasion, I was sitting in my living room watching a movie. My dog and I were cuddling on my futon, just relaxing. I heard the springs in my bed moving. It sounded like a full body was on my bed. I froze. I didn't know what to do. So, I grabbed my bible and read aloud. The more I read, the more frequent the noises became. I was reading PSALMS and after I finished one, (I started at 23), the noise stopped. I haven't heard anything for a couple months. I still feel it watching me though.

Since all of this started when I was 16, I've had troubling luck. I haven't been able to really sleep. I can maybe sleep a full night ten times a year. I usually wake up every two hours. I don't drink caffeine passed seven o'clock. I usually go to bed at 11. I wake up around: 1:30, 3:00, 5:20.

I have no idea where to go for help. I've considered going to a church and asking for guidance, but I'm afraid that they will scoff at me as it was my fault. I'm not necessarily afraid of what is watching me. I'm creeped out by it more than I'm scared it will hurt me. It's never given me any reason to be afraid for my safety.

Please help me?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 29, 2011, 08:21 AM

My dad was a Lutheran pastor and got a couple of requests during his ministry to have a small prayer service at someone's house as a sort of exorcism. Call around to area churches. I'm guessing you will be able to find a minister who will help you. Good possibilities would be ELCA Lutheran, United Methodist, Unitarian, Catholic.
    onegarry Posts: 13, Reputation: 6

Jan 31, 2011, 03:44 PM
    I have had similar experiences. I suggest that you get involved with some Holy Spirit filled Christians who can pray with you and give you some guidance. Draw closer to the Lord and He will drawn closer to you. I also have problems sleeping however now that I'm retired it's not such a big issue anymore. You can check out some of my paranormal/supernatural experiences at www.garryrkennedy.com if that will help you any.
    lightandlove Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2011, 06:06 AM
    First thing to do is to forget the church. I say that beacause in my experince of this, I went to church seeking answers and trying to rid myself of this spirit. They judged me and made me feel like it was my fault. I have since came to realise that fear is what gives the spirit power. It would seem that yours is waiting for you to break down so that it can fully control you. The answer is to continue to show no fear. You have a choice here you can tell it to leave you alone, or invite it into your life. As you state that you don't like the presence I would demand that it leave, this may take some time as some are stubborn. You just have to stand your ground.

hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Feb 19, 2011, 08:51 PM
    Wondergirl was close, onegarry was closer and lightandlove was way off. The Spirit filled Christian is where you are going to want to look. Lightandlove, I'm sorry for your circumstances... this just goes to show you how much PEOPLE can let you down... don't chalk that one up to God. God, is very clear in His Word about these situations... when we start letting people talk FOR God... you will get let down every time.

From my experience these things really stick around, especially when someone has played in the occult. You did let something into your life and quite frankly it has legal ground to stick around. Something like this can only be dealt with under the Blood of Jesus Christ and the work He did for us at the cross. I see you have a bible and tend to run to it in times of trouble, but there are some other issues that need to be taken care of first. The Word of God isn't just something you open up and anything read aloud will scare off the devil. While, he does fear the Word (as it's God promises and will for mankind), it's not a fix all. The devil knows scripture, there are religious spirits... it's all about knowing WHAT the Bible says that is the key. The bible is our sword in spiritual warfare, because it's the Word of God. See, we're simply the tool it works through... all the power is by God. Mankind has authority over every evil power through Christ Jesus (Luke 10:19). But, this is the redeemed person... one whose sins have been washed by the Blood of the Precious Lamb of God. Angelica, you need to understand God's view of the occult... it is EXPRESSLY forbidden in all it's forms (Lev. 19:31, 20:6, 20:27, Deut. 18:11). There is NO part of the occult or witchcraft that is OK with God. But, you can be forgiven (Romans 10:9-10, 1 John 1:9). God is faithful even when we are not. There is no sin that the Blood of Jesus Christ cannot wash away. Confess your shortcomings, and sins to God... ask Him to make you clean by the Blood of Jesus. A spirit like this may very well put up a good fight... but as Jesus declared on the cross before he died, "It is finished". He won the battle for us over 2,000 years ago. Cling to these scriptures I have given you. Find a Spirit-filled church to help you and walk with you. Our lives were not meant to walk alone. If it's easier for you pray this prayer (though, it doesn't have to be word for word, just from the heart). "Dear Jesus, I believe you lived, died and rose from the dead all for the sake of your love for humanity. Your Blood is the sacrifice spilled in my place. I deserve death yet you have given me life. I ask you to forgive me of my dealings in the occult and for all my sin. I ask you to come into my life and fill me with your Holy Spirit. In the name of Jesus Christ, God, that you break this bondage in my life. Help me to walk according to Your Word and Your Will. I receive Your salvation and You as my savior." It's just that simple, that is all it takes to be received by God and forgiven. This thing MUST obey the Word of God and as a child of God in Jesus Christ you have been given authority over every evil power. Make it go! Seek consultation from a Full Gospel church. Let's hear from you soon! God bless!
    rolias_mot Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2012, 07:59 PM
    Hi there! A short note to hauntinghelper - You my friend are amazing. May God bless you richly for your open and loving heart that allows Him to reach out through you to the lost.

Ok to you the one who asked the question. :)

The right track is always find a group of spirit filled believers. When you read your bible, read it out loud. There's more authority in that because it is through our mouth that our heart speaks and if it speaks God's Word, all the more amazing that is!

When you look for a church, if you haven't already, I see it's been a year, I hope they teach miracles. Not the kind that says "Give us your money and God will bless you 20 fold!" but the kind who preaches Matthew 10: Preach the kingdom of God is at hand, cleanse the lepers, heal the sick, raise the dead, and cast out demons.

If you are still haunted by this spirit, or wish to find closure in these events, feel free to [respond here]. I work with a team of internet exorcists who deal with situations like yours all the time. Our pastor not 3 days ago helped deliver a girl in Germany of an Incubus.

I hope and pray that God has delivered you from these tormentors, and that you are living a full abundant life in Him.

Sincerely
    Tom
    >email address removed<
    larosam Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2012, 10:40 PM
    It does not sound to be an incubus type haunting. By definition, an Incubus is a female demon, who likes to seduce men. A Succubus is an Incubus's counterpart, a male demon who seduces women.
    Demons are purely evil. They are known to attack, possess, and make life heck. Signs of a demonic haunting include unexplainable growling, seeing a black mist, or seeing a pair of red eyes(these are a few examples) .
    As you have touched witchcraft in the past, you may have opened a doorway to the other side and you didn't close it, therefore, a spirit could be following you. It sounds like the spirit doesn't have any intent to hurt you. You could have summoned a protective spirit as you did a protection spell.

I have had more than my fair share of hauntings. I hope this information helps you a little bit.
    rolias_mot Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2012, 11:18 AM
    It is important to note that demons and devils are two different kinds of beings. Demons are disembodied spirits of the nephilim (Genesis 6:4), while Devil are fallen angels.

A Demon seeks to control a human body via possession, wanting to have the physical life back. Jesus cast out demons (Sometimes by the thousands!)

A devil has no need for possession. It hates human beings with every passion because God created us to be higher than them. (Angels were originally made from the Shekinah(holy) fire of God). In jealousy, Satan took a 1/3 of the angels and rebeled against God, being cast down to this earth. Because of this intense hatred, and because Genesis 6:4 is NOT the end of their human-angelic sex, they still to this day have sex with human beings (willing or non-willing), by such means like you mentioned above. (And others.) These fallen angels, now devils, we are told by the bible to "resist the devil and he shall flee". Did the bible compromise? No. The greek word for devil is DIABLOS while the greek word for demon is DAEMON or quite literally, breadth or wind. Hence, unclean spirit is unclean breadth.

Victims of incubus/succubus will often find themselves needing to not only resist their advances through prayer and deliverance, but also through some life changes to, as you stated above, close some doors that were open in the past. (Be it the persons fault or no.)

Also another thing to look out for based on research from the ministry I am apart of both demons and devils seem very attracted to RH Negative type blood, which research has shown that Mary, the mother of Jesus had, and hence forth Jesus as well. (Google it. LOTS of hits on that subject.) I always recommend a blood type test for those who are victim to constant attacks through out their lives to determine if that might be the source.

And as always I encourage anyone and everyone to join us at our church on the first Saturday of each month for healing and deliverance. For more info:
    Www.logoschristian.org

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Could this be a demon? [ 8 Answers ]

I have seen and heard things my whole life. Nothing real scary just enough to spark my interest, my problem started as a teenager me and my friends decided to play with a ouija board nothing happened so we just assumed it was fake. Anyway about a week later as I was about to fall asleep I was all...

Am I in the presence of a demon [ 2 Answers ]

Ever since about 3 years ago, during my freshman year I have been experiencing disturbing dreams. They don't feel like dreams though and I don't know if they are or not. When I fall asleep sometimes, I find myself being attacked, like something is chocking or trying to squish me, but the weird...

Haunted House (demon like) [ 2 Answers ]

I am new and apolgize if I put this question in the wrong place. I moved into my grandfathers house in feb. 2007 when he passed away in his bedroom. I know my grafather loves us all very much. Weird things have been happening ever since. At first things were just going on with my mother, but now...

Demon... [ 4 Answers ]

Message deleted

View more questions Search