Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clevecrss Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2007, 10:14 AM
    heat pump vrs propane furnace
    I live in Indianapolis, IN area and am building a 92'x52' building with 3 heat elements. I was wondering if the air flow heat pump would be efficient in tis area?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 17, 2007, 04:17 AM
    Heat pumps do work but only down to 25-30 degrees. They can work at a lower temp but loose out on the energy savings end at lower temps. Your area is a good area for heat pumps since much of the winter is above the working temps of a heat pump.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace (heat pump) making *really* loud noise. [ 2 Answers ]

Seeing as I don't know next to anything about heating/ac, I decided I'd post here to see if anyone had any idea. The setup is some old heat pump/furnace/water heater/etc, which all of a sudden at around 3:00am this morning decided to make a VERY loud noise. I had to shut it off (the furnace is a...

NO HEAT! Janitrol heat pump and AC system. Changing to Lux Thermostat. Wiring issue. [ 11 Answers ]

I have a Janitrol A/C and heat pump system. I replaced the thermostat with a Lux T9000LC The A/C works fine, but the heater does not. I have it wired as follows: G - Green Y - Yellow W - White RH - Pink B -

Electric Heat-Pump-No heat [ 2 Answers ]

I had a wall-mounted unit installed in a room in may of this summer. In the middle of the night the heat shut off and has not come back on since. It is an Amana, electric heat with heat pump unit. The cooling works, the heating setting does not blow air at all. When I remove the cover it says...

Heat pump vs electric heat [ 3 Answers ]

I have a heat pump with a two stage thermostat, 1st stage is heat pump, 2nd stage is electric (resistance) heat. Is it ever more economical to run the furnace with resistance heat only, not the heat pump? I know that the outdoor temperature affects the ability of the heat pump to work, but is...

Furnace converted to propane? [ 1 Answers ]

I recently had a new Carrier furnace installed. I have propane for gas. I cannot tell if the installer converted the furnace to propane, as I cannot find a sticker saying the unit was converted. What would typical symptoms be if it was not converted (noise, etc.). Thank you.

View more questions Search