Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    y_wong Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2011, 01:15 PM
    Opt-tax-filing-2011
    I was graduated in Mei 2010 and I am doing a contractor works right now. My status in America is actually still OPT until October 2011. Therefore, I was wondering if I have to do a contractor tax or not? If I have to do it, what form do I have to fill in and how big is the tax suppose to be? Thank you,

Check out some similar questions!

OPT Tax Filing for 2011 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have graduated in dec 2009 and I am on Post Completion OPT and employed as an independent contractor on 1099 basis for five months i.e from (May 2010 - Sep 2010), and then changed to W2 from oct 2010 onwards. I did not file for taxes on 1099 also. So can you tell me how to file for...

OPT to H1B Tax filing-SS tax refund? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I am an Indian citizen. Arrived in US in Aug 2003, on OPT from Jan 2006 and on H1B from October 1st 2006. I started working in Feb 2006 in California. Throughout the year in 2006 Social security , medicare and disability taxes were deducted from my paycheck. Will I get a refund for these...

OPT :Tax filing [ 2 Answers ]

Hi All, This is the situation, Husband on H1 and Wife on OPT. Wife donot have SS and Medicare on W2 as she is on OPT When I fill out the W2 on the tax software for the wife, is there anything that I should do to block the SS and Medicare tax. Its coming automatically and If I out it as 0...

OPT :Tax filing [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, This is the situation, Husband on H1 and Wife on OPT. Wife donot have SS and Medicare on W2 as she is on OPT When I fill out the W2 on the tax software for the wife, is there anything that I should do to block the SS and Medicare tax. Its coming automatically and If I out it as 0...

OPT to H1-B Tax Filing [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all, I have a questions about filing my taxes as well - I was on OPT from Jan 1 - July 31 , 2006and on H1 from October onwards. I moved to Texas from Virginia on October 1, '06 and living here since than. Questions: 1. I got 2 W2's. Do I have to file them separately - ...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.