Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Witt59 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2011, 05:45 PM
    Should you be able to see heat coming out of a Kozy fireplace chimney?
    We recently had a Kozy fireplace installed. Not sure everything was done correctly. Should I be able to see heat vapors out of the chimney?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 25, 2011, 05:55 PM

This is an insert, right? Out the top of the chimey above your roof, certainly

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Masonry fireplace separating from chimney [ 6 Answers ]

Our home has a wood-burning fireplace. We used it up until we discovered that it was falling forward (mantel level on down) from the wall at the point where it meets the actual chimney. Mantel height is apart about 2 inches, V's down from there. The cement is brittle & crumbling where its come...

Fireplace Chimney angles [ 1 Answers ]

We have an island in our family room 12' wide. The right 1/3 is a vertical cavity for a putting in an entertainment assembly, we once fit a 40" projection TV fully into the cavity and it filled it. The cavity/shelf is elevated 3' with a base to it and empty storage underneath of about 1.5'. The...

Odor coming from fireplace/chimney [ 3 Answers ]

I put this here because heating - fireplace - really didn't know where else to go. I've been reading on the internet about chimneys emitting oder and it all describes a different smell than I'm smelling. My fire place (which has not been used for at least 4 years) has been leaking when it...

Fireplace insert- chimney [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, We recently had our chimney cleaned, costing $160. We have a fireplace insert. The person who cleaned it said our chimney was not safe without a liner-it does have flute. He estimated us $1300 ot put one in and said I don't feel comfortable with you using it. I called my insurance and...

HELP... PLEASE.. chimney leak? Carpet wet around fireplace... [ 5 Answers ]

Hi... I hope someone understands what might be going on.. Several weeks ago, while it was raining, we noticed in our downstairs room, the plasterboard above the wood stove... Was wet... and dripping.. onto the brick hearth... that the wood stove sits upon. My husband went up on the roof...

View more questions Search